“Lovely food and service.”
Review of Sense - CLOSED

Sense
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sense has been established now for five years and continues to be popular choice for individual dining and groups with a capacity of 118 people at any one time. you are advised to reserve your table(s)as early as possible to ensure the date you require. the restaurant is air-conditioned throughout and the floor beautifully tiled in similar style as is the trend abroad. lighting is exquisite, especially the wall fittings that disperse beams of light both upwards and downwards.LOCAL AND FRESHThere is always an extensive choice of meals and, in typical sense fashion, you,ll find the prices are as agreeable as the quality food for which sense has such a fine reputation. the chefs are great believers in bringing new choices to the day time and evening menus, while keeping the most popular dishes.Beside fine wines, favorite spirits, soft drinks, bottled beers and lagers, there is also choice of Draught beers.freshly-brewed coffees and teas always available throughout the day and evening.there is alsoCABARET EVENINGSBUSINESS LUNCHESBIRTHDAYSWEDDINGSWINE BAR you don't have to have a meal to enjoy the sense fine wines
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service.”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We decided to treat ourselves to a more upmarket meal during our stay and this seemed to fit the bill. We were greeted by a friendly young waiter (they're all very young in Weymouth) who showed us to our seats. Both myself and my partner ordered alcoholic drinks, which I thought were very expensive: the cheapest pint was £4.50 and a glass of house white £4.10. I think a pound could have been knocked off each drink to represent better value.
We skipped starters in favour of dessert and went straight in for a main meal. I chose the Thai and my partner choose the chicken pasta, both of which were under £10 each. We ordered cheesy garlic ciabattato bulk it out a bit. Both meals and bread were absolutely delicious and generously sized. The chicken was tender and the sauces well-flavoured.
We had room for dessert so I ordered the torte and my partner had the crème brulee. I wasn't very keen on my torte which was a bit dry and stodgy and very hard to cut with my spoon. The cream was also of the aerosol variety (arrgh!) instead of the promised Chantilly. My partner's crème brulee was lovely, although he didn't enjoy it much; perhaps we should have swapped!
Overall good points: Friendly service, superb main meals, beautiful décor.
Overall bad points: Overpriced drinks, hit and miss desserts.
We paid £40 for two cheaper mains, a shared bread, two desserts and two drinks. Not bad for a quality restaurant.

“wonderful food”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Fantastic meal, the scallops were sublime, the lamb wonderful, the whole meal was a truly memorable experience, and one hopefully to be repeated again before too long. I really couldn't recommend highly enough. Thank you all for a superb end to a special day.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic Food and very attentive and knowledgeable staff. Will be back again. Choice of food very good.

Swindon
“Really enjoyed our first visit - will definitely return.”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Great meal, great value and really impressive children's menu. When eating out with our children (4&7) we often find ourselves going to obviously family friendly restaurants (often chain-run) but on this particular evening, we thought we'd try Sense. We certainly weren't disappointed. Starters arrived prompt and were delicious. My son really enjoyed having a smaller version of Daddy's adult starter (breaded prawns) and my daughter loved the butternut squash soup. However, her main course was even better. She thought that her carbonara was the best dinner she had eaten 'in the whole world!' I tried it and it was lovely. My steak salad was served with a whole tender steak sliced on top and was well dressed. This went down well with the house red - a whole litre carafe. Afterwards, we enjoyed coffee while the children scoffed their desserts. The pancakes were particularly good. We received good service throughout and the waitress was particularly friendly to the children. All in all, we had a wonderful family meal out and the children had proper restaurant food which they thoroughly enjoyed. Well done, Sense.

Sliema, Malta
“Late is not great.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Walked in off the street about 8.40pm, and quickly allocated a table, not surprising as (apart from a couple enjoying a last drink outside) we were the only customers. No atmosphere! No music! No ambiance!

The food and service were OK and we enjoyed our meal.

Ordered the house wine but charged for a bottle (unless house wine £16 carafe).

Perhaps Thursday night's in mid summer isn't to everyone's taste (or sense).

• Visited July 2014