“good authentic fare”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We visited as a party of 4. the restaurant was just less than than half full so the service was good, but most importantly the food was good. We took starters which were all nice (mixed kebab,bhajis ,pakora ,poppadums and dips). The mains were also really nice (Dansak, balti, korai,bhuna and sides of Chapati,nan, veg bhaji and mushroom bhaji.The drinks were as usual a bit expensive but we were here to eat and it was all very nice

There are newer reviews for Zafran Indian Restaurant

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We researched the Indians in Weymouth before booking one and we were glad we picked Zafran. The restaurant is intimate and cosy. We had a booth table. The dishes were good sizes and very reasonably priced. The service was attentive but not over bearing. A real gem!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I dined in here on my own on a Sunday evening. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, but the food was completely underwhelming. I had a mild prawn curry, it was very sweet and had a peculiar, almost soapy flavour. Despite having food warmers on the table the food was not very hot. The restaurant is very contemporary in decor and lacked atmosphere. The room was very small and I found it uncomfortable being on my own, as I felt I was listening in to other diners' conversations as there was no background music playing. The meal was reasonably priced. Next time I'm in Weymouth I think I will try one of the other Indian restaurants.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Really nice atmosphere and good service.
Now the King Prawn delight sounds delightful, but it was sickly sweet and lacked traditional Indian spice-bite. My cola was very flat and had clearly been watered down so much that it should no longer been branded as 'coca-cola', as it we all know what coke tastes like - and this was NOT 'The real thing*-
My husbands 'Zaphran special' was certainly much less sweet than my dish, but even then it was still sweeter than any other Indian restaurant we've ever eaten at.
We love Indian food, and have had many many different meals in a number of different countries.
This was the sweetest version of any of the dish we have ever eaten.
We are not English and maybe the English are used to eating such sweet Indian food. My husband and I are however, are not used to it.
I hope the restaurant seriously takes our comments on board, and reconsiders the level of sweetness that they use to represents their food.
We would love to return to this restaurant, but not before they toned the sweetness down, and zhushed up the spice!!

1  Thank SnowBoy1999
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We enjoyed our meal at this restaurant after we just happened to come across it wondering through the side streets. We found the price very reasonable for what we had. The décor was nice and modern and the tables though not on top of one another still added the cosy atmosphere of a smaller more intimate restaurant. Service was adequate and although the waiters did not hover over us at times it took us several attempts to get their attention for drinks and so on as the bar was in another area of the restaurant.