“Last night treat”

Dining options: Reservations
s wales
“Last night treat”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Found the Marquis on our last night in Weymouth which was a Sunday and carvery night. Like so many others have said the meal was excellent the service was quick and pleasant. We had not booked ahead but they found us a table straight away no problem. The beef was first class and the portions were huge. Only wish we had found it earlier in the week. Highly recommended please visit.

1 Thank mikenmal

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Five star Service”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

As part of the Paramedic contingent working extra cover in Weymouth during the Olympics, I have to say that one of the highlights for me was eating at 'The marquis'. The food was suberb, both in terms of quantity and quality and the service, quite frankly, couldn't be bettered. I just wish I had been there longer to try all of the delicious looking items on the menu.......! If anybody ever wants a masterclass in how to run a restaurant turning out top quality grub quickly and efficiently with a friendly smile and good humour then I suggest a visit. I shall be back and will be bringing the family for an annual pilgrimage to Weymouth methinks!

• Visited August 2012
“Great service great staff, great food”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We were a large group working at the Olympics and had our evening meal here every night. What great food and great service and the staff were so kind and thoughtful. Just what we all needed after a long shift. Thanks to all the staff we really enjoyed our time here and the family who run the place really went that extra mile. I will miss the great food to and the puddings!! Thanks Jan and all the staff you made us all welcome when so many of us were away from our loved ones and family. Thanks.

1 Thank Andy N
Dorchester
“Well above average pub-grub.....in fact: REALLY GOOD PUB-GRUB !”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Clean and Comfortable. Helpful, friendy, and efficient staff.

Pretty good menu choice and also a 'specials' board. The food is well presented and perfectly cooked. A good selection of liquid refreshment (the ale I chose had been well kept and was perfectly served). Both the food and drink prices are reasonable.

Do not expect the "haute cusine" or the "Michelin*" but if you want excellent good honest food properly cooked and served YOU WILL ENJOY A VISIT.

1 Thank InnesDorchester
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Good night out”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Went on a Friday night and the place was packed, slightly old fashioned decor, but excellent service and very good food, no starters on the menu, the mains started at about £10 and were huge!. I had smoked haddock, my partner cod and my friend rump steak, they were all cooked perfectly, would go again and next time try the carvery on a Sunday.