“Verbally attacked by owner!”

The Cactus Tea Rooms & Bistro
Ranked #7 of 21 Coffee & Tea in Weymouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2012

On the evening of the torch ceremony whilst it was pouring with rain i decided to take my baby in for some supper. It took us a good couple of minutes to take our wet coats off and my daughter wanted to take her wellies off too. I had decided want i fancied from the seemingly appetising menu and went to order. My just walking daughter toddled off slowly back to our very close table to get her wellies. The man behind the counter told me crossly that i should keep my child under control and went on to explain that hot food was being constantly brought out to tables etc. Although i didn't like his tone or the words he chose to use i understood what he was explaining, even if it was in an aggressive manor. I continued to place my order and reach for my purse to pay when my daughter decided to begin another walk back to our table. I quickly responded by holding her hand and explaining that the man had asked her to stay next to mummy. While i was speaking with her the man began to shout at me, telling me that he had already told me once to keep my child under control and how dangerous the restaurant was for children. (i cannot emphasize enough that my daughter was calm and slow in her walk and in no way 'out of control' and was never any more than three steps away from me.) I tried to reiterate that i had just spoken with her but he couldn't hear me talking as he was shouting so loudly at me. I just felt like crying but was trying to keep it together for my baby. I told him i wouldn't be ordering anymore and that he was a horrible man. I took my daughter back to the table to get our wet coats back on and unfortunately this seemed to take a lifetime as everything stuck to us. i just wanted to cry, i was shaking. The man then came to our table and began shouting at me asking why i thought he was horrible. I told him that it was because he was shouting at me and attacking me in front of my child. At that point a waitress came over and told him to leave me alone and he eventually did. This man verbally attacked me. I had a broken leg, a baby in a sling who was soaked through and i was visibly upset and shaken by his attack. In my opinion this man does not deserve customers!

8  Thank EmmaandKids
pacaminos, Owner at The Cactus Tea Rooms & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Have disputed this review with Trip Advisor.

On the Torch Evening it was an absolute washout, we only had a few tables in and did not serve anybody with a broken leg.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam, & pot of tea! YUM!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Visited this place 3 times in a week and were very impressed with the quality of food and the excellent service.Crab sandwiches and apple pie were to die for but all the food we had was impressive.Good facilities for little ones too.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a clean and friendly tea room right on the front at Weymouth. Delicious range of home made cakes, the sandwiches very tasty and the hot meals good, well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very friendly service ,mouthwatering cakes and scones and delicious toasties and we only called for a morning coffee.