Sunnyside Guest House
  • Breakfast included
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a fabulous location stayed there for the Olympic sailing and had the best view from my room
lovely quirky room ,spotlessly clean, Lovely owner Sue,Fantastic breakfast, and to top it off There's Lola the Dog... if you are going to Weymouth do not miss out on this little gem,it's as good as it get's....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Lovely warm welcome when we arrived, instantly felt at home. Right on the beach and you can park outside on both sides of the road (between 6pm and 10am). Great recommendation from the owner for a chip shop where my daughter and I had fish and chips out of a bucket and spade on the beach which coming from the Midlands was a lovely treat! Stayed in room 5 on second floor which was a twin with a sink, tea making facilities and toilet and shower a floor below (robe provided). Still got a good signal from free wifi and a flat screen tv in the room. To be 100% honest in the review the only slight downsides were the heat in the room - rare gorgeous weather- and subsequent traffic noise with the window open, but i'd rather be hot with noise than have rain so not really a big complaint! Curtains were quite thin so room got light very early but we had to be up and out so not too much of a problem. Some reviews mention stained carpets - maybe, but in a busy, popular B&B I have no probles with the odd tired patch on a stairs carpet and the place was obviously spotlessly clean. Fantastic fresh breakfast with great food and service overlooking the sea the next morning. The real test is would I stay here again or recommend it to friends and family. My answer is without doubt yes. A lovely, clean, homely, family, welcoming B&B. A perfect example of what a British seaside guesthouse should be like. Thank you very much, we'll definitely see you same time next year!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank filly21
Reviewed July 22, 2012

An excellent stay owners very attentive and friendly good car park full breakfast and a bus stop outside to get into Weymouth town centre where parking is a a premium

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I guess you book places like this with a little trepidation, however, upon arrival the landlady came out to us with a smile & immediately we felt at home, the guesthouse is situated right by the beach, everything was clean, food was good, cereals, juices, tea, coffee & full English, everything for a growing lad such as myself, couldn't have felt more welcome. I do not understand the bad reviews but I guess there is no pleasing some people they are probably the sort you wouldn't want back anyway. I had gone there on my motorbike & as the local bird life had used it to mark their territory I was supplied a bucket of hot soapy water to wash it, can't get much more homely without actually being at home, thank you Sunnyside for making our long weekend, We will return, I agree with 'lads weekend' report, The Market Place pub is best beer & chippy next door for best food

Room Tip: obviously rooms at front have the views of the sea & maybe less road noise as it is in a cul-de-sac
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed June 26, 2012

As title suggests this was a trip of middle aged men who should know better!! Found the place easily and was met by the landlady who greeted us with a smile. We booked in and were given our keys. Rooms were spot on and nice and clean. Following a night sampling the pubs of Weymouth..("The Market Place had best beer"!) we awoke the following morning to the lovely smell of a full english breakfast being prepared, although other options were available. These were duly demolished by four eager blokes.This was our routine for our entire stay.
The cost was very very reasonable and the service was spot on, can not understand some of the comments on here but there you go!!
All in all, a good weekend!!

Room Tip: ask for sea view...stunning costal views
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends