“Gone downhill..”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've eaten at the Nook on many occasions before and always enjoyed the food and the ambience. However went last weekend for lunch and was disappointed, friends ordered salads and they were minuscule (more of a starter size), another friend had fish and chips (which he had ordered before and found tasty) but this time he said the fish was greasy and the chips cold. I had the ploughmans which was nice but not worth nearly £9! Different chef perhaps? Or cashing in on the Olympics, as it was a busy day on the seafront? Either way a real shame as it has put us off returning.

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went to The Nook on Tuesday 31st August for a drink and sat outside at a dirty table. The place wasn't busy and there were only a few people sat with a drink. The tables all needed a clean so I asked the girl to clean the table please. When she came out my wife asked her in a friendly way How are you?to which the girl ignored her. She picked a few things from the table and moved them. Our drinks were still on the table as she began to wipe it and spilt our drinks over our clothes and legs, and as we jumped and cursed, she stood there laughing! As we pointed out how rude she had been she couldn't see what was wrong so my wife complained to the owner who offered us a free drink. Drinks are expensive in this establishment and we won't be going there again. We're local people and it's a sad fact that service always seems to take a back seat these days. We spend a fair bit of time in France and they have a totally different ethos when it comes to service, meaning the customer comes first. Sadly at The Nook, this isn't the case and they would do better to employ competent friendly staff who have been properly trained in customer service rather than just hopeless individuals who have no idea at all.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Best lunch I have had in Weymouth for some time. It was delicious. Great views over the bay and very polite, helpful staff. Will definately come again

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just a quick review to say last night a barman at The Nook, Weymouth stole £10 off me!

I paid for two cocktails with a £20 note and he thought it was £10, I'm 100% certain it was a £20 because I literally just got it out from the cashpoint down the road!

He refused to check the till and told me to come back the next day which I did, to my dismay they still claim that i paid with £10... Out of order!

It's the principle of it!

2  Thank mixJ2O
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Always an excellent view across the bay to go with excellent brunch and glass of wine. Always a nice ambiance.

1  Thank Rose B