The Roundhouse
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Russell Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscontinental breakfastdouble aspectice machinetea cakesb bperfect locationtop floorharbour areaa lovely staywatch the worldcomfortable bedon arrivalshower roomgreat roomoverlooking the beachwarm welcomeparking permit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here just a few weeks ago as a whole family. We occupied nearly all the rooms and had a great time. The service is great, friendly and we felt very welcome. And the position is perfect, with beautiful views from our bedrooms. Décor is funky and fun and the breakfast was delicious. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We saw most of the rooms - all good with great views in all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, Owner at The Roundhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for the Roundhouse. I was very glad to read that your family enjoyed the stay. I hope you will be giving us a call next time you plan to visit Weymouth

Reviewed July 18, 2013

just spent 2 nights at the roundhouse with my daughter for a little break this was our first time here but will not be our last we were on the 3rd floor, lovely room, lovely views and a very relaxing stay we couldnt have asked for anything more even the weather was hot hot hot.eveyrthing about the place including the owner was perfect .Just need now to sort out when our next trip will be.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for the Roundhouse. I was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I hope that we will be seeing you again soon. Next time, take advantage of one of the special offers we have here on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The first floor room was very large and contained a massive sofa which overlooked a stunning view of the bay. Nicely furnished. Low key but attentive service. Breakfast was simple but just right. Can't fault the Roundhouse in any way.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for the Roundhouse. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you here again in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I spent two relaxing nights at the Roundhouse, and I would heartily recommend it. The room I was given was big and spacious, with an ensuite shower and a very soft and well-furnished king-size bed. There was plush furnishing throughout, and two armchairs which faced on to the beach, which was literally a stone's-throw away (about fifty metres). The hotel is well-situated for Weymouth - you are halfway between the seafront, and the esplanade behind, which has lots of interesting pubs and restaurants. I would heartily recommend this hotel - my big airy room was the perfect place to take a break from the sunshine (which was pretty relentless that weekend) and it was also a great place to recover from a pretty invidious hangover that I had after my first night in Weymouth!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for the Roundhouse. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will be seeing you again the next time you fancy a night out in Weymouth.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

a very comfortable and spacious room on the 1st floor with views of the Nothe fort as well as the perfect bay window looking across the bay. The weather was blissfully hot so a stroll across the sands and a little paddle morning and evening set the seal on a delightful stay. A very helpful manager sorted our parking nearby - although probably impossible in high season. The tiny bathroom was quite adequate and bed very comfortable. The colourful decor added a luxurious feel and we had the best view in town while relaxing on our purple velvet sofa with a glass of wine. We couldn't improve on it.

Room Tip: First floor has beautiful bay windows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, Owner at The Roundhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for the Roundhouse. I know how valued to opinions of our guests are and I was glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay.