“Buffet Bliss”

The Gurkha
Ranked #134 of 292 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was here as part of a large group feasting on the buffet during a trip with work. An excellent venue for groups as the seating was very roomy and with a nice view over the marina at night. The food was very tasty with a good range of choice. And, of course, it was an all you can eat situation! Nom nom.

Bit odd that they were still serving Xmas pudding in April though. O.o A few colleagues tried it with a thumbs down being the general opinion. I would have tried it myself had i not been fully engaged with curry. Oh so fully engaged.

If I'm ever in Weymouth again, I'll certainly come back to this restaurant. Excellent value.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great Food, always very clean and tidy, food is always well cooked and tastes great, especially enjoy the sunday roasts.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Before I left this review I read some that had already been left................I am really surprised.....as this is a five star eatery and I couldn't find any faults with the food, the cleanliness, the staff, their friendliness or the price. This restaurant was recommended to me and I travelled from West Bay which is 15 miles away to eat here. I was not disappointed, we were shown to our table by a nice young man, he explained the way the restaurant was operated and the menu, we ordered drinks and felt really at home. We must have visited the main area about five (5) times to try each and every dish available, well I was paying for all you can eat and I was going to try everything that I could. All the food was brill, well cooked and hot.

The atmosphere was fantastic and I didn't mind paying the bill.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone and after reading the negative comments am still really surprised.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our family including some children went to this restaurant last night and every single person of our family had excellent meal. Very clean and staff are very helpful. Excellent choice of verities and very impressed.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend is Nepalese and we both really loved this place.the views were lovely and the food was amazing.
Good value for money too!!!
We will go back again!!!