“A lovely seafood restaurant”
Review of Floods Restaurant - CLOSED

Floods Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

You would expect Weymouth to have a large selection of fish restaurants but this is not so. However, Floods makes up for it with an excellent menu and cosy but tasteful restaurant. It was a busy Saturday evening and we had a lovely meal and everything was "near perfect". The staff were helpful and attentive and we enjoyed a superb starter and main course after which we sat and sat and sat. We were, of course, pleased that the restaurant was busy and did allow for that but the waiting staff were more concerned with re-laying the tables and washing the glasses instead of keeping an eye on what was going on with the diners. We eventually gave up and asked for the bill, commenting that we would have had had a pudding and coffee to which the reply was that we should have asked. However, as said above, it was a busy Saturday night, which has to be a positive thing for Floods and we will return.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Yet another birthday and a good excuse to return to Flood's It is a shame that floods has lost its place as the number one restaurant in Weymouth as its always been our favourite place to eat .
This time I had the mussels followed by a large crab salad And my wife had the mushroom starter followed by the duck (which has not been on the menu for a while ). It is nice to have a change once in a while ! Colin the Chef Regularly makes delicious sweets and changes them quite often . We have already booked for next month our wedding anniversary .

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Floods is one of those restaurants you'll be glad you pre booked. It's small and cosy with nice and friendly staff. The food was perfectly prepared. I had a fresh crab salad and my boyfriend had mushrooms with a rich blue cheese sauce. I had oysters and he had some really nice monkfish tails wrapped in ham; he's very picky about fish but he loved these ones! To finish off we shared a light heart shaped raspberry cheesecake - absolutely divine.

This restaurant will not disappoint you!

1  Thank Marcolette A
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

A very pleasant place. Great fish. Amazing crab soup. Delicious desserts. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. But do book in advance!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My boyfriend booked a table after reading the great reviews, so glad we did as it wasn't busy when we arrived but turns out all the tables were booked on a monday night. With an impressive standard menu and selection of specials it was difficult to decide. The starters came quickly, perfect portion size, after a comfortable pause the main followed again amazing presentation, we were both bursting at this point with some of the best food we've ever had so we shared a dessert which kept up the brilliant standard. Best dining experience I've had so far, incredible tasting, fresh, home cooked food, lovely atmosphere and great service. Trying to think of the next time I can get back to Weymouth so I can eat there again, already recommended to my parents.