“one night stay.”
Review of The Esplanade

The Esplanade
Ranked #45 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was at at a loose end on friday 31st may. Thinking where shall i go ending up in Weymouth. And found the Esplanade hotel.A clean and comfortable b/b on the front With parking at the back, , And a brilliant breakfast. Many thanks Rob and your staff. I will be back.[ with others].

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank silvermace
Bonjournobob, Owner at The Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review; I am really grateful and even more glad that you had a good time. We work hard on doing the simple things well and appreciate your kind remarks. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Esplanade

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Outstanding service! Say no to premier inn and support the independent business!! Arrived a bit late in the day and the owner checked us in. Extremely friendly and helpful with a genuine personal interest. The room was clean and tidy and I strongly recommend this hotel, and already have, to anyone. Can't wait to return. Well done Rob!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Drbrts1984

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a review; I am extremely grateful and what music to my ears it is to hear you support a local, independent business. We work hard to do the simple things well and I am extremely pleased that we hit the right marks for you especially with regard to cleanliness and service.....and comfort, and, well, and all the other things actually. Going forward maybe I should plan a little before I start writing my responses haha - now that is a problem you won't get at the budget hotels as they can afford scriptwriters (in lieu of character). Anyway, it was a pleasure to serve you and I hope that we see you both again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We cannot thank Rob, Terri and their team enough for the help and support we received during our visit. The five of us stayed for three nights and we will go back again. The rooms are well equipped, with good beds, bathrooms beautifully clean with great showers. Breakfasts were amazing - so much choice with locally sourced produce. The girls particularly enjoyed their butterfly breakfasts. The teams attention to detail was just great. Wonderful views from the bar and lounge, of the beach and Pier Bandstand.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NC03190747

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am glad that you all enjoyed yourself particularly as you arrived in the pouring rain. I am equally glad that you enjoyed your breakfasts so much; we work hard to provide as much choice as possible, that has been sourced locally but also with an overriding need for quality which is sometimes quite tricky. Catching the butterfly shaped eggs for the little ones was quite difficult too haha. I hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here fri 24/05 just for one night and booked a premier seaview room on the first floor. The two requirements that make for a comfortable overnight stay are a good sized comfortable bed and a decent shower. And although our room felt a little on the small side, the bed was excellent and the en suite was a full size bathroom with an excellent rain shower. The view was also great over looking the beach and bay. Siting the residents lounge (with an honesty bar) on the first floor sharing the same sea views was a masterstroke and was readily used by other guests as well as us. Rob, the owner, was very helpful and always on hand if needed. There is parking at the rear of the hotel, but if you do park be aware that you may need to move your car around after breakfast. However, with the dire parking facilities in Weymouth, this is a small price to pay and while we were there most guests were accomodating.
Would stay here again next time we're down and would recommend it for its friendly , relaxed atmosphere and good room facilities .
Keep up the good work Rob

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gary117

Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking time to leave us a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated some of the finer detail. It is often that with all the best intentions and money available, nothing can be done with regard to room structures etc, especially in a house that is nearly 200 years old so it is down to this finer detail to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. With this in mind we have invested considerably in the en-suite bathrooms and it is pleasing that you enjoyed a drink in the bar.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would recommend the Esplanade in Weymouth to everyone
Lovely clean Guest House
Fantastic friendly staff - Nothing was too much trouble
Rob the owner was great recommended lots of things we could do, places for dinner.Very helpful and friendly.
Great location - set on the sea front
Complimentary car-parking
Breakfast is a must !!! (Nothing was too much trouble for the Chef)
Lovely bar with beautiful views overlooking the sea
Bedrooms & bathroom clean, all amenties we needed were there,

I would defininently recommend "The Esplande" to anyone looking for a place to stay in Weymouth, you see all their awards they have won on the walls as you walk into the venue and when you stay there you see why - Top venue

Cant wait to stay again.
Thanks Mr & Mrs Thomas

Room Tip: Dont miss the breakfast
1  Thank OTHOMAS99

I am really glad that you enjoyed yourself at The Esplanade and for fear of sounding like a broken record, I can only say that we work hard at doing the simple things well. I loved talking to you and helping you with restaurants or things to do, as I do with other guests. I really want you to get the most out of your stay in Weymouth as there is so much to do. It's also my home town and I am really proud of it most of the time haha. Thanks for your comments re the breakfast too. We cook all orders fresh to order so it means I can cook exactly what you like and how you like it. I hope that we do see you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This lovely guest house is on the sea front and is clean, friendly and very welcoming. The owner is very personable, always smiling and easy to find if you need him.
The rooms had everything you needed and the beds were extremely comfortable. There was also an honesty bar with a sea view, which was a lovely little extra.
Breakfast was really nice and made to order. There was parking which was a bonus and the owner had a very good system setup so guests could come and go with ease.

Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you book early enough you can get a room with a sea view. There are 4 floors so get a floor on...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

It's really lovely that you have taken time to leave a review; I am extremely grateful. I am even more pleased that you have enjoyed yourself and that you appreciated the honesty bar, although don't let my wife catch you saying that I am always 'smiling and personable'..............although we both know it's true haha. In all seriousness though, your comments re breakfast are pleasing as we do try our hardest to get it right.

Many thanks and I hope to see oyu again.

Prioprietor

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Spent a week from 4th-11th May. Our room was clean comfortable and equipped with everything we needed, comfy beds, en-suite bathroom, tea & coffee available. Generous breakfast with choices to suite everyone. Rob the owner is an outstanding person who is very helpful

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you sir for taking time to leave a review and what you have written is very kind. We work hard to do things properly and I am glad that you have both noticed and appreciated them, particularly with regard to breakfast. I am glad that I was able to set you up for the day.

Kind regards