Stayed at the Esplanade as we were badly let down on our day of departure by Booking.com. So it was an emergency purchase. Having traveled a lot across Europe and most recently in Normandy - British hotels/guest houses could take a leaf out of our continental friends books. Towel units which are not secured to the walls, peeling wall paper, dirty corners round the bath, lumpy pillows and a small room were really not value for money - perhaps the high price was just making money out of the Olympic ferver! A lick of paint here and there, tightening those screws into the wall, and hiding the ugly connections sticking out of the wall would make it a much better place to stay.
However I do have to say all the people we meet were very obliging and helpful, and the funky lights were cool; so keep this trend going and you will have a good place on your hands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esplanade is a grade II Georgian seafront property. Built in 1835, The Esplanade is enviably situated on Weymouth seafront, directly opposite the beach. Ideally located for all local attractions and amenities, it is close to the town centre, the harbour and the beautiful golden sands of Weymouth Beach. Set against the unforgetable backdrop of Weymouth Bay and the internationally famous, World Heritage Coastline of 'The Jurassic Coast', The Esplanade is a haven for those wanting peace and relaxation beside the sea as well as those seeking a more activity based seaside experience.Boasting off-road parking, The Esplanade also eliminates the necessity of finding a parking space after a hard day of sightseeing, or lounging on the beach. With a guest lounge and bar on the first floor, the balcony is the perfect place to sip a cool drink and watch the boats sail past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your The Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esplanade Hotel Weymouth
- The Esplanade Weymouth, Dorset