We spent 3 nights in room 7 which was a spacious room on the 2nd floor with good views over the beach and bay. Modern bathroom. Large flat screen TV, free WiFi, coffee, hairdryer, etc. Breakfasts were excellent with large choice. Location for sightseeing around town was perfect. Rob and staff were very friendly. Parking in old down-town Weymouth is scarce and expensive. Fortunately The Esplanade has 9 spaces but one could get blocked in so it is important to plan your complete day in advance if you need your car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esplanade is a grade II Georgian seafront property. Built in 1835, The Esplanade is enviably situated on Weymouth seafront, directly opposite the beach. Ideally located for all local attractions and amenities, it is close to the town centre, the harbour and the beautiful golden sands of Weymouth Beach. Set against the unforgetable backdrop of Weymouth Bay and the internationally famous, World Heritage Coastline of 'The Jurassic Coast', The Esplanade is a haven for those wanting peace and relaxation beside the sea as well as those seeking a more activity based seaside experience.Boasting off-road parking, The Esplanade also eliminates the necessity of finding a parking space after a hard day of sightseeing, or lounging on the beach. With a guest lounge and bar on the first floor, the balcony is the perfect place to sip a cool drink and watch the boats sail past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and LateRooms so you can book your The Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esplanade Hotel Weymouth
- The Esplanade Weymouth, Dorset