“Simple but good value for money”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak
Ranked #109 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Oak for one night as a single female traveller. I booked a single room for £35 plus £5 breakfast through Laterooms. On arrival Jayne showed me up to the room on the top floor so there were no worries about noise from the pub although the bar was quite quiet anyway when I arrived. Jayne is very friendly and helpful - a nice welcome for a single female. The room was basic but very clean and comfortable. Two single beds with one made up and a dresser and a few drawers. The room was a comfortable temperature despite it being a very hot day - there is no aircon but a fan was in the room had I needed it. The separate toilet and shower room too were clean and simple. For breakfast I only had a bacon sandwich but full english is available and very reasonably priced.

A few small negatives. When I arrived there was no space left in the residents car park. I parked on the street which is unrestricted. The shower pressure wasn't great. There was no hairdryer in the room and I couldn't get the TV to work. I am certain the last two Jayne would have helped me with had I asked but they weren't essentials for me so I didn't!

All in all, I thought the Royal Oak offered great value for the price charged and I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bevldavies

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night on good Friday with my husband and two children. Stayed in the family room at the top of the pub, lovely big room, kingsize bed and two singles. Tv and tea and coffee facilities. Only down side is that the toilet is shared with the room next door and the showers are down the corridor. You do get a shower room per room though. Bedroom very clean and beds very comfortable. Breakfast is a full English with toast, tea/coffee, juices and preserves. Very nice breakfast, not too greasy and very fresh. Location seemed good, lots of shops etc outside although we didn't use any of these as just used the hotel as a halfway stopping point. Overall, lovely run business with good service.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Not only was the room exceptional in every way, modern, big, clean, etc, but little touches like cotton buds, cotton wool, etc, etc. The staff especially Jayne the landlady, were so friendly, was likewe had known them for years!!!! The locals too, were very welcoming, we didn't even go anywhere else for a drink. Prices of drink very good . I am sure Jayne will remember me t, as I arrived late and tired and got tipsy very quickly!!!!! Breakfast was made fresh, with good quality bacon and sausages. I would, and already have reccommended this Inn and accommodation to both friends and family. We will be there staying again, definately before the summer is out. Tracey Richens

Room Tip: All rooms are great, it is converted barns.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traceyrichens
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Our room was light and airy with comfortable beds but there were no drawers for clothes and some of the furniture was an unmatched assortment as was the bedding.Most days we were unable to park in the small shingle car park due to random parking!We arrived back at our accommodation on several occasions to find amourous goings on in the yard.We were shown to our room by a friendly bar man but he seemed to be running the pub singled handed and on being asked if breakfast was included said he would enquire and the ladylady would visit to give us the information. We did not however meet the landlady until leaving five days later so did not have breakfast in the smoky pub.Breakfast was not served until 9am but as I had to leave by 9.15.this was never an option.We would not choose to stay here again

Room Tip: We were in room 2
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maryuna
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The room looked lovely on the surface with nice bedding & flatscreen tv on the wall but the bathroom wasn't totally clean & the tiled floor wad very cold. The rate was reasonable & breakfast was cheap & tasty. The beds were really comfortable but there was some noise from smokers in the courtyard. The 2 live in dogs could be off putting if you are not used to dogs but they didn't bother us.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stopped here from Friday to Monday i found the staff welcoming and the room was lovely,
I would stop at The Royal Oak again.....Thanks for a very pleasurable stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Nice clean comfortable room, spacious bar area and pleasant patio area to the rear with a shelter, belly buster of a breakfast, helpful and pleasant staff. Don't know if the ongoing preparations for the 2012 Olympics are causing it but traffic around the harbour area can be pretty manic at times.
The Oak has parking to the rear and parking at the front is unrestricted, with a little patience a space will appear as users of the local shops leave, from the Oak it is only a short walk (5/10 mins) to the sea front and all amenities, so in my opinion it is pretty much hassle free & convenient.
I would definitely go to The Royal Oak again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple