“happy feet walking group”

Acqua Beach Weymouth
Ranked #52 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Brilliant stay we where well looked after by Charlotte and her team, food was
exceptional all home cooked,situated on the front at Weymouth ideal for all our walks round
Portland, The fleet, Hardys Monument and Abbotsbury also the town itself

Room Tip: Front rooms with views of the sea
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
sulzc, Owner at Acqua Beach Weymouth, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello Brian, thank you so much for your lovely review, we so enjoyed having the walking group come and stay, So glad you all had a great time, my staff really enjoyed looking after you all. I wish I had of had time to join you on at least one of the walks! That'll be my winter exercise taken care of!
Take care and all the best
Charlotte

Reviewed September 25, 2013

sorry didn't like, saw other reviews were good, maybe i am a bit more up market , room 11 very clean , white walls no color no pictures very basic depressing didn't want to come back after the day out , stayed cheaper places and nicer, breakfast no menu just had to say what you wanted it was ok , had a bar very colorful but the 3 nights we was there it was shut what's the point, perfect location on the sea front

Room Tip: small room no 11
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I spent a weekend in Aqua Beach. Charlotte and her staff made us very welcome and looked after us really well...all very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was very nice and cocktails delicious, would certainly say it is value for money. Thank you Charlotte and Co..

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Spent a weekend here with some friends. Charlotte the owner really looked after us. Food was good. Nice views. Great location. The downstairs area of the Hotel is nicely decorated. Really want to thank Charlotte for looking after a group of lads and making sure our stay was perfect.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had a lovely room on the first floor with a little balcony outside and floor to ceiling windows - bright and airy with views over the promenade and beach. But rooms located where passers-by can just look in at you should have privacy curtains, otherwise curtains have to be closed 24 hours a day - which negates the view you paid for.
The full length curtains were useless as the fabric was too heavy to pull across the window - evidenced by the fact that all the curtain rods were bent or broken, so you had to try to reach up to drag as much curtain across the window as you could physically reach - and wedge a chair against it to stop them falling open! I went as far as having to use big safety pins to pin them together, but even then, the tops of the curtains were open - so much for keeping the daylight out. I actually left a note to ask them to fix my curtains or give me more safety pins! All they did was re-attach the drawing rod - which still broke away in my hand!
The shower was a masterpiece! It looked like a "beam me up Scotty" affair with so many knobs and computers I thought I'd entered the Tardis! After 5 days I still couldn't work it properly without a dribble or a drench.
The lighting was a subdued lilac light under a ceiling panel - but two of the globes didn't work.
My opinion of this property is that they should spend more money on basics - like essential decent window-coverings (lightweight blackout curtains) - than space age technology in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with decent curtains!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eillamo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently went on a group holiday with some friends to this lovely beachview hotel. Nice room, very spacious bathroom, very light, all the amenities. The best bit, however, was the lovely proprietor who accommodated our every request, cooked us lovely food, gave us the inside scoop on the best local spots and didn't bat an eyelid when we turned up a little late for breakfast on our last morning. Thank you very much again to you, Charlotte, you made our trip!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I hired the whole hotel for group holiday last weekend and we had a great experience. The location was perfect and the rooms were clean & comfortable. Charlotte was a great host, along with her staff, who were friendly and helpful. We had really tasty dinner and two breakfasts and also enjoyed many a cocktail at the bar! I would definitely recommend to anyone who is going to Weymouth.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Oooh, it's been ages and I'm only just responding to your lovely review! Thank you so much! It was a fabulous weekend wasn't it? So glad you had a lovely time, we really enjoyed having you come and sample the delights of AcQua Beach and Weymouth. Don't forget to tell all your friends :)
All the best