“nice hotel and great location”

Acqua Beach Weymouth
Ranked #52 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here for four nights over the Royal Wedding weekend.
We arrived quite late and had to phone for some one to let us in, which wasn't a problem and was shown to our room quickly.
Room was an average size for two people, but floor was a bit slopey. Bathroom small. Windows a little drafty, but not too much of a problem.
Breakfast was very good, anything from full English to cereal and toast.
Hotel located right on the Weymouth seafront (cross the road) and was about a 10 mins walk to the High Street and a good 15mins walk to the lovely harbor.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnH3

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Our stay at the Concorde guest house was great. We had room 4 which was really nice, apparently a brand new shower with plenty of hot water! Breakfast in the morning is excellent with a choice of full english, cereals, toasts... It is very well located, 10min walk from weymouth town centre and you just have to cross the road to be on the beach. Charlotte was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. We only paid the full amount of our stay when we left. It was a great week end and we definitely recommend!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Great location, Charlotte was lovely and great breakfast but the place needs a revamp. My room (9) had a broken window and a supermarket plastic bag was filling the gap. Curtains were dirty and shower cubicle could do with a bit of bleach. However bed was very comfortable. Also there were no spare sockets to plug a laptop and a mobile phone to charge. I had to unplug the TV to do that. Parking is a pain!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
sulzc, Owner at Acqua Beach Weymouth, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2011

Thank you for your review. I wish you had spoken to me at the time regarding your issues as I always endeavour to please my guests. There is absolutely no excuse for the plastic bag, apart from me having absolutely no idea that it was present in the window. I can only presume that due to some exceptionally high winds in the days prior to your visit, a guest took a rattling window into their own hands. The window has been fixed and I have followed up with housekeeping that they need to advise me immediately if there is a problem. I have checked the curtains and they are clean. With regards to the shower cubicle, I have been having some re sealing done on the showers, and one of the strips had been missed. This will be sorted. As for the sockets, there is a spare socket as the television is plugged into a double socket. I would have provided you with an extra adaptor if you had asked me. Also with regards to parking, if you experienced problems and had asked me, I would have helped you find a space, or given you mine, as I park on the road every day of the year. I hope that in future, you will consider discussing issues with the owner at the time, best regards Charlotte

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We booked this hotel through Expedia in February and paid in full plus extra for a sea view. When we arrived at the hotel we were allocated a room on the third floor and proceeded to climb the 5 flights of stairs to an attic room and were met with a strong smell of damp which remained with us for the whole of our stay.The room was poorly furnished and the bed was unbelievably creaky! This was clearly the worst room in the hotel with a sea view and had we arrived without a booking and been shown this room we certainly wouldn't have stayed but having paid for it had no option.We have used a number of hotels and guest houses this year and this was by far the poorest. However the breakfast was fine and the hospitality good.
Weymouth is a victorian town which has definately deteriorated over the last 15 years or so and certainly needs some serious improvements before it plays host to the sailing events in 2012 olympics!!!

Room Tip: Do not accept room 14 unless you have no sense of smell and have the constitution of a mountain goat...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Allstars CC is a family club that tours with its families. Charlotte and her team of staff were both friendly and professional in a hotel that is located slendidly at the seafront in Weymouth. Having atouring cricket team can not always be easy with late returns from matches and rooms dominated by kit but we were made to feel very welcome such that hough we arrived as strangers we felt we left as friends. Charlotte laid on an evening buffet within an agreed budget that was fantastic. We have no hesitation in recommending the hotel for other teams of our type - just so long as you do not want the hotel when we do!!

Room Tip: ask for the balcony
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Really lovely hotel. Brilliant views from bedroom & dining room. Delicious breakfast .Right on the seafront. Brilliant walks along promenade, seashore & coastal paths, ( useful AFTER breakfast! ). A couple of minutes walk to restaurants, shops, harbour etc. Close to Portland Bill & Fleet ( home of the 'Moonfleet' churches ). Railway station just a short walk away, ideal if you don't need to bring car. Historical seaside resort that has retained it's architectural heritage.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I went with my wife and two year old. For the price the room size (room 10!) was pretty decent, and the view of the beach was excellent. We have a big bunk bed for the child, which is always useful as you can put loads of stuff on the top out of their reach! The staff were friendly, and breakfast etc was fine. Some reviews mentioned being asked to pay at once. It was mentioned, but I didn't have my wallet and was never asked after that until the morning we left when I suggested I should probably pay the rest. Parking is a bit awkward as they don't have many spaces. It's really pot luck to find somewhere close. We arrived on Sat at 5pm so not ideal, but I found somewhere and then moved to a closer spot later on. You get permits etc so it is free assuming you can find a spot.

It's really one of those hotels where, based on our room, they could do with a handman/woman just spending some time of simple jobs. For instance, the toilet drips water from the top (which I stopped at night etc by propping up the whatsit in the systern with a plastic spoon), and the lights about the bed were wobbly so you couldn't get the angle you may want. Also, the curtains were very thin so if you want a lie-in on a bright day it would be difficult as the room was so bright even with the curtains closed.

We were on the fouth floor but the wireless internet worked OK. It cut out now and again, but I would imagine it would be better on the lower floors.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family