“Good Food”

Marlboro Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 294 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: British, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Weymouth Award Winning Fish & Chip Restaurant & Take Away situated conveniently on the Town Bridge in Weymouth, a stones throw away from the picturesque harbour and a short distance from the award winning beach. Serves traditional Fish & Chips Fayre as well as a varied complimentary menu.
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel and I'm so pleased they did. We had a wonderful meal and the staff was very friendly and paid extra attention to my daughter which she loved. The food was yummy and the service was prompt :) good value for money

Shaun H, Public Relations Manager at Marlboro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2015

Sorry for the delay, we have been unable to reply to your comments on Trip Advisor due to technical issues. Thank you for taking the time to place your very complimentary comments on Trip Advisor. Hope you visit again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Both of us has the Cod and Chips and it was as good as always. It's never yet disappointed. Friendly service, clean surroundings. Would have given five stars but on the day we visited the restaurant could only take cash which meant a quick trip to the nearest cash machine

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Me and my wife had fish and chips in the restaurant on Sunday.i had haddock and chip.which was £9.30.when the chips came out they were warm and more small bits of chips not what I would expect for in the restaurant. The fish had more batter then fish.ive had better haddock and chips from out on the take away side and cheaper.but one good thing.I could not fault the waiting staff.

1  Thank Richard201460
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We recently went down to weymouth on a family holiday, we had read mixed reviews about the restaurant but wanted to try it for our selves, when we got our table the floor had food under it so it had not been cleaned, we order two cod and chips with curry sauce and. Child's cod and chips. The portion sizes we nice and big and the crinkle chips were really nice, however pricy at £32, however we were expecting a lot from the fish but taste just like it does at home, I'm not saying it's horrible but I've had better. The staff we're friendly but didn't really bother with you which at times can be a blessing for people. There is no rooms for pushchairs but we new this in advance and the do offer booster seats.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

After reading trip advisor reviews and having a recommendation we eagerly called here for supper.
The portion of haddock and chips was so big it was falling off the plate together with the obligatory salad garnish. The chips were well done and the fish had its skin on..........the batter was crunchy rather than crisp, but we were still happy to munch away, until................a mouthful of bones attached to the fish was not what I expected. I looked at the rest of the fish and pulled out about 6 quite large bones. Needless to say that put me off. When the waitress asked if everything was OK I politely pointed out that there were a lot of bones in the fish. She looked at me disdainfully and...I quote. "Just because it says a filet of fish don.t mean it shouldn't have any bones" The definition of a filet of fish is that it is a piece of boneless fish. when I pointed out that a any should not have any bones she just flounced off. No reduction to the bill either. Don't go there.
I am sure there are nicer staff, we were just unlucky!!!!!!

2  Thank Carole W