“Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover!”

Marlboro Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 285 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: British, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Weymouth Award Winning Fish & Chip Restaurant & Take Away situated conveniently on the Town Bridge in Weymouth, a stones throw away from the picturesque harbour and a short distance from the award winning beach. Serves traditional Fish & Chips Fayre as well as a varied complimentary menu.
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I'd like to apologise upfront to the staff and owners of the Marlboro at my short sightedness and for forming opinions based only on appearance. For many years now I have been visitng Weymouth. At least one evening on my usual 10 day stay I will visit a fish and chip restaurant with my family. We usually go to one on the Quayside and one out on the outskirts of town. I have walked past the Marlboro many times and not even give it a thought because of the outside appearance of the restaurant. It's a well maintained premises and its kept very clean but I have been put off by the colour the restaurant is painted - I'm so shallow I sincerely apologise. I've assumed that the colour (which I do not personnaly Like) denotes the standard and quality of the food. I was so wrong. My husband chose the place last week and I was very impressed at the quality of the food and very friendly and helpful staff (very helpful when my 10 year old son accidently put sugar on chip chips instead of salt!). This is a classic traditional fish and chip restaurant, nothing fancy, but the food and atmosphere were fantastic. I did do a doubletake when i saw our fellow diners. There were at least 8 pirates - yes actual pirates in full dress tucking in fish suppers. I will visit here again later this year I hope with our without the Pirates. Top tip. If you visit the restaurant website prior to visitng and print off a voucher you can claim 10% off your bill with the printed voucher.

• Visited April 2014
Shaun H, Public Relations Manager at Marlboro Restaurant, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
We do believe its all about the quality of the food. Pleased you have finally discovered us and hope it is not so long before you visit again. Thanks for taking the time to write you review. Please tell your friends!

• Polish first
“Good food worth a visit”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Came to Weymouth for the day and didn't want to visit McDonald's so came here for a fish & chip lunch. It was easter weekend and very busy queued for about 20 mins. Staff very helpful fish was fresh and very tasty and the chips were good a bit greasy but still good and not bad value for money.
Will be back

Glad you found the que worth the wait and the food served value for money. Thanks for the review
Bristol
“You really must try it!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went to Weymouth for the day to meet our Daughter and Son in law who have a caravan sited there. On their advice we got takeaway fish and chips from here for our lunch and we ate them over-looking the Harbour. They were wonderful! Yes we had to queue for about 15 minutes, but boy, were they worth the wait!! I must recommend the pea fritters, which taste divine and are unusually coated in breadcrumbs. Next time we visit, guess where we'll head for lunch!!!

• Visited April 2014
Were always really pleased to here from visitors who have sampled our food for the first time. Really glad you enjoyed it, especially our homemade Pea Fritters. Sitting on the harbour on a sunny day seems the perfect venue to eat your fish n chips. Thanks for taking the time to write a review
Dorset
“Excelllent food”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Have lived in Weymouth for over 40 years and visited many 'chippies' in the UK and Europe, I went to the Marlborough last week with my family to the restaurant for the 'umpteenth' time and as always it was excellent, waitress service was good and the food was to the normal high standard with plenty of it! Still far exceeds all the other places I have visited over the years.

• Visited April 2014
Wow thanks for your rave review. Yes family owned for 40 years and pleased to be consistently providing the same high standard. Hopefully we will be doing the same in another 40 years
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Best Chippy in Weymouth!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Lovely fresh fish and great chips. Worth the queue, which tells you that people would rather wait and get the best even though there are other chippies without having to do so. Wait for the best! ps the service is quick and with a smile thrown in!

• Visited March 2014
Shaun H, Manager at Marlboro Restaurant, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thanks for the review, and you rave review. We have been voted Dorset's No1 several times before in competitions which we haven't even had to enter of be members of, just nominated by the public, so your assessment and review is very valued.