“Excellent Fish & Chips”

Marlboro Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 290 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: British, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Weymouth Award Winning Fish & Chip Restaurant & Take Away situated conveniently on the Town Bridge in Weymouth, a stones throw away from the picturesque harbour and a short distance from the award winning beach. Serves traditional Fish & Chips Fayre as well as a varied complimentary menu.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Called in here this evening (25/11/13), we were the only ones in the restaurant as it was around 8pm. Great service, huge portions, and the best light and crunchy batter on both the perfectly cooked haddock and mackerel; fantastic chips. Highly recommended.

Shaun H, Manager at Marlboro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review !!
We look forward to your next visit :-)

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had wanted fish and chips for a few days whilst on holiday in Dorset, so we went to weymouth to see if we could find a restaurant.

Despite only just having opened, The Marlboro was already getting full, so we took a free table and ordered simple cod and chips. We had to wait about ten minutes for the order to arrive.

The fish was perfectly cooked, and a fresh as could be witout still flapping. It was wonderfully white under the crisp batter. The chips were fine, crinkle cut and plentiful. The staff were attentive, and it was an all round pleasure to eat here.

It is certainly one of the top three fryers i have eaten in. Top marks.

Shaun H, Public Relations Manager at Marlboro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks for your really complimentary review and taking the time to write it. Makes all our efforts worthwhile. Hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Always a favourite, this was the best when I was a child and still enjoy taking my family there, get some fish and chips then go down the tunnel and eat them on the harbour side, you can even pop into the pub and get a beer to drink with them.

Shaun H, Public Relations Manager at Marlboro Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Pleased to see you feel our standards haven't changed. it may be because your fish and chips today were probably cooked by the same fryer or a descendant of the the fryer that cooked them back when you were a child. Glad we still command your recommendation after all these years and hope you visit us again very soon. Thanks for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

4.11.13 my wife and I had lunch here, my wife had cod and chips and I had the "Rock" well when it arrived it was the size of a small whale the chips were of the crinkle sort well cooked and just the way I wanted to see them the side salad was just right and the waitress could not do enough for us, I had to leave some of the chips as the portions here are massive, I apologised to the waitress for leaving some and her reply was "that's alright sir it is a pleasure to see you here" now where else would you have been told that ?

Glad to see you feel you have had a great meal again at the Marlboro. Are portion sizes can be on the large side, one of the reasons people return again & again. You are of course welcome to order from the childrens menu on the back of the restaurant. These are all a smaller version of the adult portion but more suitable for those with a smaller appetite. Our waiting staff are always happy to help.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped in on her recommendation when we spent a day in Weymouth this October (she used to live in the area) and I was very impressed. The cod was extremely good - the best we've had from a fish and ship shop by quite a margin and the chips were also very good. Our onion rings were crisp and tasty without being oily and the pea fritter was good although my wife did wish they still used batter for them rather than breadcrumbs.

All in all a great meal from a place I hope to visit again soon.