“Phoneix Nights”

and 1 more site!
Chesil Family Holiday Park
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The only good thing was the kids entertainment. The staff need to learn how to be polite to customers. Example, we were told that if yopu had Pizza it must be in a box whilst everyone else's food was on a plate, ( this was was in the auditorium ). The place awas dead, and so were the staff, you could not order food and sit in the so called Bistro unless you had waitress service. Everything was with peas and chips and when I asked for scampi and salad and NO chips or peas, the supervisor had to be contacted. The caravan was not clean, check the bed heads very carefull for dust. We found red acrylic finger nails under the bed, and pubic hair on the sink.

if you anything other than size 8, you won't fit the beds, also there is very little insulation.

On the postive side, kids enjoyed the soft play and swimming pool.

Room Tip: Have no expectations and you shouldn't be too upset
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Henry S
There are newer reviews for Chesil Family Holiday Park

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the first time my wife and I have holidayed in the UK in 16 years, so we haven't got a lot of other English park experience to rate this against.. Our main criteria this year was a safe confortable break as we have a 6 month old baby, so I have to say the park felt clean and well kept, all staff throughout the park were tentitive and well trained and very helpful. Caravans were clean spacious and large enough to comfortably live for 1-2 weeks, have to say I was pleasently suprised by the actual size of the vans. Bar and restaraunt was adequate and the park as a whole was well set out, also I personally really liked the location of the site as we went to portland a few times.
In truth I'm hoping to be back traveling around the world next year but if I do spend another summer in the UK I would happily return to this site as it's a little south coast gem..

Room Tip: All caravans were good but I think it's worth paying the extra to get a caravan with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank chewyporkchop
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time my husband and myself have stayed at chesil vista apartments. Which we find are very clean and comfortable.we went to the venue every evening where we would eat in the bistro where the food was quite simple but it was well cooked tasty and reasonably priced. The entertainment was sometimes a little cheesey but was still very enjoyable. All the staff were very friendly and we will certainly be returning

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Themadhousegang
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have to admit that i was wary about this holiday after reading a lot of the reviews but I have to say that myself and my 6 yr old daughter had the best time here. Our apartment was spotless, cosily warm and had everything we needed. The on-site entertainment was used every evening and had trouble getting my daughter to sit still long enough to eat her food before diving straight back into the play area. The food in the bistro as well as the takeaway was tasty and the staff very friendly. I had one very unhappy little girl at the end of the week when it was time to leave and have had to promise to return again next year, excellent!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank J0_Williams
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Both my partner and my three year old son had a great time, and I would say that it is by far the best holiday park we have stayed in.

The bar staff, Sue and Dean are just fantastic, remembered our names and made every effort to talk to us and make us feel welcome. From the excellent reception team through to all the other staff members, they made our holiday really special.

The facilities on site are excellent and the location is just second to none.

We will definitely be back, either later in the year or next year, as we feel that they really do have a fantastic holiday park, and their standards are really high.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IanSpencer
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am writing this in the site entertainment room, having enjoyed another excellent meal. The food is simple but is well cooked and well priced and the staff are very friendly. Our caravan was ready on arrival even though we were early, it was spotlessly clean and seems quite new. It is comfortable, warm and we have had a really good nights sleep. The local bus runs into Weymouth from right outside the entrance and goes right into the centre of town. At only £3 each it is better than finding a car park. The entertainment last night was a bit cheesy but we had a laugh and enjoyed ourselves. Overall as new comers to caravan holidays we have been very impressed and will definitely cone again and the weather is set fair for the rest of the week. Result!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mikenmal
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Chesil Vista is in a lovely location right next to Chesil Beach. The facilities it offers are excellent. During our stay we enjoyed the use of the gym, swimming pool, restaurent and the entertainment venue. All were very good. The warm welcome you receive at chesil Vista holiday park makes any family holiday one to remember. We will definately be returning.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Beckybigbird
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
The Heights Hotel
#6 of 22 in Weymouth
Higher Moor Farm
Higher Moor Farm
#1 of 24 in Weymouth

Been to Chesil Family Holiday Park? Share your experiences!