My 15yr old daughter and I stayed for 3 nights over half term and LOVED it here. Cosy, warm, the views are just awesome (we stayed in room 6) the breakfast is made fresh to order and is the best fry up i've ever had. Renia and Graham are both lovely and the perfect hosts, they have knowledge of the area if you need it and are friendly and welcoming but they also just leave you to have your holiday. We came and went as we pleased, it was very relaxing. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and in the perfect location. 1 minute walk from the sea and the harbour! We would recommend The Ship for dinner and the little Bistro next to Brewers Quay for lunch. Wouldn't think twice about booking again if we do another late holiday in The UK, This is where we'll stay no doubt!! Thank you. Claire & Emily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please do not take the rankings too seriously, please judge us on the comments our customers leave, thank you. Situated on the historic Georgian seafront of Weymouth, just across the road from the beautiful, soft sandy beach with the historic 17th century harbour to the rear. Ideally situated for the visitor to explore all the many attractions Weymouth has to offer, as well as the rest of the spectacular World Heritage Jurassic coastline.The Bedford offers comfortable and relaxed surroundings in which to enjoy your break. We have eight en-suite guest rooms over three floors with central heating, tea and coffee facilities, TV and Wi-Fi, complementary toiletries, towels provided. Complimentary bottle of water, biscuit and chocolate on arrival. You have you own keys and unlimited access to your room. Our aim is to make The Bedford your Home from Home. Breakfast :Freshly cooked full English breakfast is served in our basement dining room with separate dining tables. Breakfast is cooked to order and served from 8.15Am to 9am at high season and from 8.30Am to 9am at other times. •Orange juice •Choice of cereals •Grapefruit segments •Sausages, bacon, hash brown, fried egg, baked beans and tinned tomatoes •Tea or coffee •Toast Please let us know in advance if you prefer a vegitarian breakfast. Parking Permits:We are allocated a limited amount of free parking permits for the "F Zone" which are given on a first come first served basis. These must be returned to us on departure. Car parking in The Pavilion Car Park about 3 minutes walk away - £8 for 24hours parking. Mobility:Built in the 1800's The Bedford is a listed building with rooms over three floors. We have no lift and no ground floor rooms, and there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. Special room rates may be available, please contact us direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Bedford Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bedford House Hotel Weymouth
- The Bedford Guest House Weymouth, Dorset