“Great Place to Stay!”
Review of Gloucester House

Gloucester House
Ranked #7 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Last weekend I had the pleasure of staying for a couple of nights at the Gloucester House.

It is ideally situated right on the sea front two minutes walk from the Railway Station.

I was warmly greeted by Geoff and Chris and shown to a single room overlooking the bay.It was spotlessly clean and very comfortable.Breakfast the following morning was cooked to perfection and served promptly.

Throughout my short stay I was made to feel most welcome and nothing was too much trouble for either Geoff or Chris.It was a great shame to leave last night.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.There can't be anywhere better.

Many thanks Geoff & Chris.I can't wait to come again!

Room Tip: First impressions count and my first impression was that this hotel offered just what I wanted in te...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Gloucester House

Reviewed November 5, 2013

A warm welcome on arrival from Geoff and Chris which my parents in-law, husband and I most appreciated. Our sea view balcony rooms were spotless with everything you needed for a relaxing stay. Breakfast superb and very accomodating to our different needs ....thank you Geoff ( the perfect egg man ) Chris and Geoff are without doubt the loveliest hosts we have come across in any B&B. You must stay here on any visit to Weymouth.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My sister hadn't booked a room here, she was due elsewhere, and was unable to take the room offered, so we walked along the esplanade looking for vacancies. My sister was unwell, and getting very tired, and we tried a few other establishments, but they were not what she was looking for, then we happened to find a vacancy sign at Gloucester House and thought we would see if they could accommodate us at the eleventh hour. We were greeted by Geoff, the landlord, who was very helpful, and welcoming, he allowed me to run up and see the room first, and undertook a barrage of last minute queries in order to accommodate my sisters needs.
She took a twin room at a special deal, with full sea view and breakfast included,...she was delighted and it made a very pleasant stay for her there, for 3 nights in a row. Breakfast was well prepared, and she told me the couple who ran it continued to be excellent hosts, and were always at hand should she need them. She will definately stay there again should she come back down this way again. She really loved it!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are return guests at the Gloucester House and have always found the welcome very friendly and the accomodation of a good standard and flexible enough to meet the needs of all generations of the family staying. Great seafront location for enjoying the beach and exploring the town & harbour areas. Breakfast is also very good with plenty of choice. Jeff and Chris thanks again for an enjoyable stay. See you again next year.

Room Tip: Plenty of rooms with great sea views but spread across 3 floors so you need to cope with the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I found this accommodation very friendly and inviting. Breakfast was good and room was very clean. Jeff and Chris Thanks again for a wonderful stay.I will definitely be booking again. Weymouth is a very nice place to spend a break.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

just came back front weekend in Weymouth, booked into here, received a warm welcome and showed to our room, wow what a lovely view it was, room with sea view. brill location. room was lovely and clean. breakfast was very good. if we stay in Weymouth again sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LEAWILLS
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My school group was welcomed very warmly by the Gloucester House. We nearly took up the entire hotel and only stayed for one night, they were extremely generous to let us stay! The rooms were spacious and were perfect for our needs. It was really convenient that they had multiple beds in one room so a few of us could share! The couple who owns the hotel were very kind and were quick to help us with any thing. The provided hot breakfast was also delicious and quick! The location is also prime. It is right on the esplanade and has multiple restaurants within a 5 minute walk. We stayed in the off-season so we did not see the full potential of the beach but the view was beautiful and would be an exceptional hotel for a summer stay because the beach is just across the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends