“Friendly staff”

Ranked #46 of 294 Restaurants in Weymouth
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been visiting Time for Tea since it opened many years ago and have found the owner, Pascal and all the staff very friendly with a service to be much admired. Pascal always keeps his staff until they go off to Uni etc so that goes to say so much about the owner. If you have never visited 'Time for Tea', then it is worth a visit as I am sure you will not be disappointed. In the busy season you may have to wait a little while, but then the food is freshly prepared so you must be patient.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

If you do one thing whilst in Weymouth, go to time for tea! From breakfast to cakes to the monthly dinners this place really is 5*.. Pascal and the staff are attentive, friendly and welcoming. Eggs Benedict on a cold winters morning with a pot of tea with french music.. A true delight. And even the cakes are second to none and MASSIVE slices! ( I would highly recommend the coffee and walnut or the chocolate and coconut flapjack) I could rave about TFT for hours but I'll just say this.. Do not go to weatherspoons for breakfast in weymouth, Do not go to costa or starbucks for a tea and a cake.. GO TO TIME FOR TEA!

1  Thank Lauraclint1
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My sister is visiting me in Dorset, having just completed chemotherapy etc for breast cancer. I took her to Weymouth to look at a house as she is considering moving to Dorset. She decided to wait in Time for Tea for me to collect her in my car as she was cold and exhausted and just wanted a cup of tea and somewhere warm to sit while waiting. She had only just sat at the rather cramped table at the front of the restaurant when a new group came in. The chef immediately swept into the restaurant and asked her if she was on her own. When she said that she was he told her that she should sit at the table right at the back of the restaurant. The group at the next table told the chef that they were leaving so there was no need for my sister to be banished to the table at the back. But this offer was rejected by the chef saying, very loudly (again), that "she can sit there". At that point my sister left and won't be going back. Ever. What a horrible way to treat a customer, especially one as ill as my sister - she also has MS- and one who went there as she had heard so many good things about this cafe.

1  Thank I dream of Jeni... I
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went to time for tea on a cold rainy day and had a very warm friendly welcome. The scones were a little over done for our liking but the jam cream and tea were delicious. The homemade cakes looked delicious but the tea filled us up. The price was very good for a tourist area would definately reccomend.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

A little but of France tucked away in Weymouth. I love it here. The service is always friendly and staff are very efficient. My daughter also loves it at "pascals", she's now 6 and has been indulging in the croissants here for most of her little life. Staff always make her feel welcome and pascal normally has a little treat for her when we pay the bill. I would much, much, much rather take my daughter here than Mcdonalds. Food is always excellent. All the cakes are delicious. For breakfast I generally have the smoked salmon and scrambled egg which is such a large serving that it's normally breakfast and lunch. My husband enjoys the full cooked breakfast, he says it's the best he's ever had (he's had a few). If you're not hungry it's a lovely place to sit and relax with a cup of earl grey. A wonderful place to visit.