“Good location , lovely friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Richmoor Hotel

The Richmoor Hotel
Ranked #91 of 163 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Poole, United Kingdom
“Good location , lovely friendly staff”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here for two night break . Staff very welcoming and helpful. Had been advised prior to arrival that room may be small so pleasantly surprised to have a large sized double room, and lovely big bed. The decor in this room is slightly dated but everything clean and in good order. Food lovely - had three course evening meal and breakfast , all well presented and tasted great. Good atmosphere at the hotel created by friendly and accommodating team of staff.
Location great on the sea front with a short walk to harbour. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Having just spent a week at the richmoor hotel with my children and husband, we we're very happy with the service and staff. The staff went out of their way to help and play with my children.
Our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels added to. The shower was a little small but perfect for what you wanted it for. Unlike some of the other reviews we had a towel rack in our bathroom. The beds we're extremely comfortable, the double bed was big enough to get myself and husband and 2 children in.
I would recommend thia hotel to all families as the staff and management are excellent. Particularly "Shane, Ricky, the chef and Lorraine and Andy"

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kerry T
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Mini break with 2 children and my dog. Friendly welcome nice big family room breakfast all you can eat was awesome! 5 minute stroll to the harbour. Would recommend if Weymouth is on your places to visit.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Arunro
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked in here and upon arrival was unable to find a parking space behind the hotel even though one was booked, so managed to get a space further down the road.
On ringing the door bell and waiting 10 minutes a man appeared let me in. On entering the hall the smell of damp was overpowering (and I have no sense of smell). On enquiring about car space was handed a permit with room keys and told car would be fine.
Once my partner and I were in room the smell of damp and stale cooking fat was overpowering. The room was small but was clean, but on going to use the towels provided they stank of damp. So much so put all of them outside the door !!!!!!
We decided to go out to eat as bar/lounge was like a school canteen but filled with game consoles and tv's and a school party playing them. On returning (although not wanting to) was met with another odour of fish to accompany the others. We decided then and there that enough was enough and left.
On going back to return key and permit was met by a rude and abrupt woman who listened to my list of complaints but wasn't bothered, offered no refund just turned and walked away.
Do not be fooled by the look of this hotel, we have stayed in many, and this by far is the worst. A shed would be cleaner and less smelly and more welcoming

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mandyminx2

Travelers are raving about these Weymouth hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I purchased a groupon voucher to stay at this hotel with my Mum. When we arrived, the lady who presumably owns it, welcomed us very politely and issued us with the parking permit. I was not too fussed about the parking facilities as we are both able bodied and we could see my car from our room. We had a room on the first floor, 101, I believe. The room is not too bad, but the 'double' bed is in fact a three quarter bed and would only get 2 people in the bed if they were tiny. The heating in the room was awful. I don't think that heater had been on for years. The features were ok, some were in need of a refresh but the television was adequate. The bathroom, however, was a different story. The toilet did not flush properly and often it took 2/3 attempts to flush even a number 1! the shower was, like many others have said, woeful. It took ages to wash my hair and there was no where to dry our towels, other than hanging them off the door which had not been dusted since it was fitted, presumably.
The food was adequate. As part of our deal, we had a 3 course meal which was actually very tasty but the breakfast was very greasy and often lacking in taste.
The waiter we had was very intrusive and made us both feel quite uncomfortable. He insulted what I do for a job (law) and proceeded to tell me about his life and how awful it was. Not really the kind of light hearted conversation you normally get in restaurants. Also, he asked rather personal questions which was very off-putting. He was like this with all the guests, and most of them reacted the same way we did and their body language was uncomfortable. I also don't think the restaurant or the staff that work there are very hygienic. One 1 occasion, we went for breakfast and noticed that there were peas/carrots on the floor from the previous day so god only knows how 'clean' and 'tidy' the kitchen is.
It was ok for the price we paid. Had we paid any more, then I would have been really annoyed.
Worth a stay if you don't mind slumming it, as it's in a good location, especially if you have young children.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amyw23_93
Aylesbury
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Originally I was going to write a mediocre report after my first experience. However I returned for another meal which turned out to be the worst I have ever experienced. I am ex army and have eaten in places where the table has been made up of planks and oil-drums and even an open-air restaurant in the middle of a farm yard, but I can honestly say this was the worst I have ever had. I went for the carvery meal. Chef re-heated the pork! and the vegetables should have been removed from the hot plate at least 2 hours prior. The chef even commented that they were past their best. The chef from the previous occasion even made up a salad to my wife's preferences and the carvery on that night was palatable. So it may all depend on when you go and who is on duty. Personally I would avoid it all together. Why did I go back? It was the only restaurant within my limited walking distance. The only other option would have been for my wife to push me in my wheelchair.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Magic-IanRoy
Westbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Avoid this hotel at all costs unless you want to smell of old chip fat. Room A3 above the kitchens was the room my parents were staying in and they didn't sleep at all in the two nights they were there. This was, as my dad put it Fawlty Towers without the laughs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Artylad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#2 of 163 in Weymouth
Letchworth Guest House
Letchworth Guest House
#11 of 163 in Weymouth

Been to The Richmoor Hotel? Share your experiences!