“Ideal overnight stay”
Review of The Richmoor Hotel

The Richmoor Hotel
Ranked #123 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We are staying at the richmoor hotel for one night, to attend a family function..upon arrival we were placed in a room that was difficult to get to, due to my disability and fear of using the lift..but the staff were attentive and helped us with the option of a larger room on the 1st floor..the staff even brought our bags to our room for us..the parking is an issue but is not due to the hotel, as weymouth at easter time is very busy, with lots of cars&buses fighting for spaces..
I must point out the benefit of having a room with sea views..you will not be dissapointed..

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I went to The Richmoor Hotel, Weymouth after seeing a great deal on Groupon but was in a dilemma as it was a deal for two, which would have been fine for me and my husband, but wouldn't have been suitable if I was to bring my son. I spoke to the hotel and they were able to accommodate my son at the same price as if I had booked with Groupon.

When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by Lorraine, the very friendly, down-to-earth owner, and she made us feel at home.

Our room was a challenging trek to the top floor of the Hotel but although there was a lift available, I decided we are young enough and fit enough to make the journey by foot.

My room was a light and airy family room, with pretty red homely accents and it overlooked the English Channels. We had access to utensils for tea and coffee, a flatscreen t.v. wifi, and a clean and cosy bathroom.

We were never short of things to do in Weymouth and I was finding more attractions even on the day of my departure.

The wide open sandy beach is right at your doorstep.

The themed Fawlty Towers dinner which is quickly becoming popular amongst holiday makers, took place on our second night. Having the fun and frolics of Basil, Manuel and Sybil unfold whilst I tucked into my 5 course meal was a great twist to our evening, especially when you have a 6 year old to keep entertained.

Breakfast was the full english and customers could help themselves to as much of it as they want.

All in all this hotel was a great stay, with a great location and even better staff. Weymouth will be seeing us again

read more here: http://premiereonepr.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/the-richmoor-hotel/

Room Tip: If you want a view to die for select a sea view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Loraine146, Owner at The Richmoor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Hi,
Thank you so much for your kind review especially from someone who is a professional in this field. We very much enjoyed your visit and hope to see you and your lovely family again. It does always amaze me how a successful family as yours will say such nice things and very obviously enjoy your stay as most of our guests do and then we get comments like a few of the others here. We appreciate that you have taken time to comment as usually it is only when people want to be negative or have an ulterior motive. Hope to see you again. Loraine

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Parking is very limited for the hotel the room was small but comfortable we had a sea veiw and it was a lovely sea view we found the shower did not work properly as it was cold this was all made up by very friendly staff who were always chatty we had a evening meal and the food was very good and portion sizes were very good breakfast was full english buffet and also nice and also being aloud to go and get more if you wanted more.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I'm staying at this hotel at the moment, staff are very helpful and friendly will do anything to help you out. Having a lift is a bonus as I'm on the top floor with my mother who struggles to walk up stairs.
Tonight we ate in the restaurant and was really pleased with the service and the high quality of the food. Home cooked and delicious!
Would love to return again

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here for a Fawlty Towers weekend 21 March 2014. Had a great time, really good fun and made even better by the fact the staff played the parts - and also hotel guests. Murder Mystery on the Saturday was a real bonus. Very hospitable, lots of entertainment and probably the most friendly bunch of staff I've ever come across. Will definitely be keeping an eye out and go again. And not forgetting the Sunday cavery, great value and excellent food.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

An excellent value for money good old fashioned family hotel, had a great Fawlty Towers night experience . Rooms clean and comfortable and the staff deserve special mention, very friendly, welcoming and good fun. A great fun weekend getaway. Very well situated too. We all enjoyed it

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend with Fawlty Towers theme dinner on Friday night and murder mystery on Saturday. We enjoyed it so much, it was better than I expected it to be. The staff are all lovely and very efficient. Our room was spacious and clean. We were very well fed all weekend! No complaints at all. We were exceptionally well looked after and well entertained. Highly recommend this place for a fun, budget friendly trip :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple