My wife and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at The Richmoor Hotel in Weymouth and can honestly say that we thouroughly enjoyed our stay.The reason for the title of this review is this,we booked our stay online and paid by credit card but we did not look at the reviews on this hotel however,my sister,who was coming with us did and, immediately telephoned us to tell us to look at the reviews.We went online and looked at the reviews and,to say the least we were very concerned.As we knew we would have to phone our credit card company to cancel we decided,after much debate,to go ahead and take our chances.Well,how WRONG can some people be,we saw reviews on stained bedding,small shower facilities,grumpy lanalady,food being served in stages and cold,no atmosphere?????? We want to correct those reviews and say,
1) The food was superb and,served piping hot.
2) The staff, INCLUDING the landlady,were professional,friendly and made us feel VERY welcomed.
3) The hotel provided some good entertainment and everyone took part including the landlady.
4) The hotel was VERY clean and the beds were lovely soft and comfortable.
5) The rooms had tea/coffee/milk/sugar/kettle etc which was continually replemished.
6) The showers were adequate and I managed with NO discomfort even though I have a large frame.
In conclusion,I must say that if all these qualities are not enough in an hotel then spend a grand and stay at the Ritz,that'll probably pay for one night.The Richmoor Hotel in Weymouth does not profess to be The Ritz but still,they give you all the nescessary quality service without the grandeur.I will DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.
Thank you to Lorriane and all her staff,excellent service and brilliant atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Weymouth's seafront, on the Jurassic Coast Line, The Richmoor Hotel boasts stunning scenic views. Family friendly the owners really work hard to create a welcoming and homely ambience.The Richmoor Hotel is fortunate enough to have Shelley's Restaurant onsite, an ala carte fine dining restaurant that uses fresh local ingredients to create an imaginative and fresh menu at very affordable prices. Then why not retire to the bar? Shelley's Bar and Grill boasts Seaviews, an extensive Cocktail menu and a menu full of simple food cooked well. The Bar has an Entertainment program, including Live Entertainment from some of Weymouths best singers, Karaoke, Bingo, "Fawlty Towers Dining Experiences," Games and Quizzes. For more specific information about the Entertainment during your stay please ring and enquire.All of the Richmoor Hotel rooms are Fully Ensuite and come with hairdryers, tea and coffee making facilities, alarm clocks and televisions. Some boast views over Weymouth Bay. The Richmoor Hotel prides itself on employing friendly, hardworking and efficient staff that will work hard to ensure your stay is relaxing and enjoyable, and they have a 24 hour reception with both Day Managers and Night Porters.Extra Beds in rooms and Parking can be requested via contact with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Richmoor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Richmoor Hotel Weymouth, Dorset