“The Richmoor/Poormoor More Like”
Review of The Richmoor Hotel

The Richmoor Hotel
Ranked #101 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The Richmoor/Poormoor More Like”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is not a hotel,its a b&b..Photo`s on other website overlooks the harbour,it`s no where near(it`s right over the other side of town)...Supposed to be renovated,don`t make me laugh,our shower was 70`s and when you eventually turned it on it stunk the room out...drainage needs bleach..Cleaners don`t leave clean towels and don`t know what bleach is !! The younger 3 members of staff (Nicky,Charlotte & Mickey)were excellent,they really do try their best...however the proprieter was the most miserable person in the dump.The lift is so tiny is not worth having so be warned you`ll get loads of excersise climbing those flights of stairs (take an oxygen tank !!)The food is overpriced and leaves alot to be desired..as does the beer which was flat.This stay was cut short (Thankfully)and the dump got 2 rooms for free out of us as we didn`t even ask for money back,Oh and parking,forget it,either park in front of the bandstand or get a ticket cos no one from the hotel will help you,not even a permit was offered,this was a very bad experience for us & never again would we go back there,£570 for 2 nights for 2 rooms,is disgusting and moreso that 3 out of the 4 of us came back with food poisioning ..Stay there at your own risk

Room Tip: Go to the Prince Regent or anywhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank O N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place does not worthy of the title hotel it's more like a hostel. It's unorganised caos it has four undecorated floors and a lift that fits one person and a suite case with a squeeze. Which only goes up to the 3rd floor. We had a tiny family room on the 4th floor and had to drag a pushchair the last two flights of stairs. The one window opens about 150mm so five of us in a room this size got very hot to the point were my wife spent the night in the car. The breakfasts were wrong and they double booked my room on the second night and the hotel owner phoned me and threatened to throw my stuff out of the room and put the phone down on me. Which was a god send in my eyes I was demanded back to the hotel and i asked for a full refund and was told they couldent afford it so I cut my losses and took the £110 back for the night I dident stay they must need the money more than I do. I'm not an ex employee I have my own business and live near heathrow airport. I add this as the hotel response to bad feed back seems to be this excuse but really how many people can one company employ thanks to this hotel my weekend with my children was cut short and made my whole expirence of Weymouth a negative one. I won't be going back and il make sure the tourist board has the full details off this unprofessional outfit. If You ever take one peice of advice take this stay somewhere else or your regret the decision to book this hotel. Regards paul fitzwater

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Fiz76

Travelers are raving about these Weymouth hotels

romsey
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great hotel with excellent service, room was very comfortable and superb value. Arriving late in the evening we were made very welcome and had a great evening in Weymouth prior to seeing some great sailing from the Nothe..

The breakfast was served speedily and the free wi fi proved very useful.. Staff very accommodating... It made our whole trip a memorable experience.. thank you Richmoor

I would certainly stay again.
Nigel B

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RomseyGubbins
Loraine146, Owner at The Richmoor Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank You for a very good review. Cheers me up immensely at the end of a long day. Obviously we do not have the Olympics to tempt you back, but we do have excellent sailing facilities now in Portland and a beautiful beach. So if you book again please remind us of this review and we will leave a nice bottle of wine in your room!

Loraine x
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel would be fantastic for a family holiday in Weymouth. Located on the seafront and with parking if requested. We only stayed one night but with a 3 year old were made to feel very welcome and all requests were met. The room faced the beach and was quite cosy but it did sleep 4 so that was not suprising. It is an old building that the owners are renovating tastefully.
The cooked breakfast was excellent and we were even offered seconds! We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time out to leave us with a good review. We love having children here, especially as we are primarily a family run hotel and quite often have my 3 year old grand daughter here. Please do come again and we promise to provide the same level of service. What we find quite exciting is the changes that have been done since with new bedding and headboards, and many new furnishings. Just the televisions to go!! When you book for your next stay, please receive 20% off our normal tariff?
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently I returned from a 3 night stay at the Richmoor Hotel Weymouth. Weymouth was a fabulous place! Enjoyed it very much. However! The richmoor hotel was less pleasing.

ROOMS – our sea view room was basic yet clean.
FOOD – If you are an adult and enjoy your dinner being served to you on a tea plate you would enjoy. A roast dinner included one small roast potatoe and what I can only describe as a miniature ice-cream scoop of mash potatoe, two equally as small pieces of meat and a tiny amount of veg. All in all the food was very poor.
STAFF- All staff excluding the Manageress were polite and helpful throughout our stay. The Manageress spoke to us as if we were children, she was extremely patronising and generally a very unpleasant woman. Her staff seemed uncomfortable in her presence. I wouldn’t dream of staying there again...ever.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tripbow
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We arrived at the Richmoor to find that 'reception' was actually a doorbell in the hallway. No answer when rung so I headed into the bar to ask where we could park. Despite calling ahead to reserve car parking we arrived and were told that the car park was full and we would have to park on the street out the back if we could find a space.

Once we had finally parked and returned to the hotel we were told that there had been a mix up and they couldn't find our booking. We were ushered upstairs to a rather grotty family room that is used in an emergency when booking errors occur.

The room was large and had a sea view which was nice but had a double and 2 singles crammed in so we did not have much space. The bed was too soft and the bedding was worn and old and thin. The bathroom was small and to top it all off the shower had no hot water and only a few jets worked. Our sleep the first night was delayed due to the noise from the in-bar entertainer until midnight.

My complaints to the manageress sparked a flurry of comments about how we had 'cost her money' because she had to get a maintenance guy out in the evening and that we were only finding faults because the weather was poor and we wanted to leave. We were also reminded that the sea view emergency room was an upgrade to what we had booked. Made me fearful of what state our actual room would have been!

To her credit the manageress fixed the shower before we got back that evening.
The breakfast was lovely and the waiting staff courteous and efficient. We even got offered extra brekkie after we had finished. Great coffee and the hotel is only a few seconds walk from the beach.

I couldn't help but smirk when the manageress told me to book direct with her next time for a special rate. As if I would ever go back! Shambles, avoid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed there on a school trip and what a great stay there was great rooms,friendly staff and fantastic facilities so if your in Weymouth and you need a great place to stay the richmore hotel i highly recommend

Room Tip: a sea view room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jack G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#2 of 165 in Weymouth
B+B Weymouth
B+B Weymouth
#24 of 165 in Weymouth

Been to The Richmoor Hotel? Share your experiences!