“breakfast dissapointing”

Ranked #40 of 294 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 31, 2012

the breakfast was good value but had 3 hairs in it and the toast had cheap marg like spread on it.on the plus side uses heinz ketchup etc .expected more due to the good reviews but we wouldn't go back.Criterion RESTAURANT/CAFE breakfast nearby way nicer..

inkyrich1, Owner at Cafe Blue, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

The management has never been made aware of a breakfast having 3 hairs in it. We pride ourselves on our breakfast and the rest of our reviews speak for themselves. We have checked with all the staff and nobody knows of any such thing. We find it hard to believe that somebody would fail to point it out to us if it happened. As owners we would have a real issue with food being found like this. It's not how we do things. We had one lady who had a small hair on her tomato which could have come from anywhere to whom we apologised sincerely to and the whole lot was put in the bin and cooked fresh from scratch and we were most upset about it. We have never ever been made aware of a breakfast with 3 hairs in it at anytime and feel it is not something anyone would walk out without saying something and we have to refute this without question. I'm sorry the spread was not to your liking. We use St Ivel which is by no means a cheap catering spread. Thank you.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Whenever we are in Weymouth we always make time to go to Cafe Blue and have a full english. Always cooked fresh, it's the best breakfast going - even the toast is great! Little touches make a difference and you get a little biscuit with your tea/coffee which always goes down well after the breakfast! Great value for money and the couple who run it and their staff are very friendly and have time for a chat. Would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Fantastic service brilliant value for money and proper portions! What more can I say :) also very close to the beach and town centre. Well done !

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stumbled on this cafe last year. Still run by a lovely couple, who remembered our different breakfast order from the year before. The lady of the house cooks the best homemade fresh breakfast I've ever had (don't tell the wife). Fantastic!

Hey guys. Was great to see you again this summer. Can't believe the year went so quickly. Glad you were impressed I remembered your order lol. Look forward to seeing you again. Sue x

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I am a local in Weymouth and I have to say, that Cafe Blue is one of my most favourite places to eat. I come here on my lunch breaks and every now and then for one of the best breakfasts I have had eating out.

The quality of food is in my opinion absolutely fantastic and at such an amazing price.

Right opposite the beach, with amazing customer service, what more can you ask for?

Will definitely return again and will try everything off the menu. Thanks Pete!