“Lovely place, exceptional food”

Galley Bistro & Bar
Ranked #37 of 285 Restaurants in Weymouth
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Lovely place, exceptional food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited several times during our two week stay and found the food was always lovely. Staff were very nice and helpful and I thoroughly recommend.

Beth W, Owner at Galley Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am very glad you enjoyed your experience with us!

Weymouth, England, United Kingdom
“galley bistro in weymouth dorset”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

i am french and to find a place like the galley bistro , it is like being at home,the food was so tasty all the spices and flavour mixte together +the wine, well what can i say(bravo).will come again.staff welcoming and very friendly.......

• Visited September 2012
Thank you for your review, I hope we will see you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
“what’s the point”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

After reading some reviews we visited on Saturday booked a table for 8pm that night when you consider that there was less than 1 hr between booking and arriving we were amazed to find even though the restaurant was only half full there was a 30 min delay for mains plus no starters available. its a big chain pub the meals we saw were over priced and out of a microwave
we left i would say that the staff were friendly and helpful obviously there is a staffing problem in the kitchen !!!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Beth W, Owner at Galley Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Firstly I admit to some confusion over your review. On the night in question I am aware that there was a delay for main courses of 30 minutes, (our usual service time is 20 - 25minutes) It is our policy to advise all our customers of any potential delays. These kind of issues occur because all our dishes are freshly cooked (not microwaved), and although it may have appeared that we were half empty, I'm not sure if you were aware that we have two different dining rooms? and we were in fact nearly full. Throughout the entire evening we were serving five starters from our core menu and a further five from our specials menu. Could you have misunderstood the member of staff appraising you of the waiting time and suggesting a starter? The Galley Bistro is an independant establishment, we are not owned, leased or affiliated in any way with 'big chain pubs', and I am quite mortified that our food appeared microwaved, even if you didn't have a chance to judge it by tasting some yourself.

Finally, may I say thankyou for your positive comments about the waiting staff I will pass these on. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered,
London, United Kingdom
“fab meal as usuale”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

went to weymouth bank holiday weekend. had meal in the gally ,what a fantastic meal as always.had scollops for starters -wow- main , fish medley cooked to perfection and a white chocolate and rasperry cheescake never tasted anything so good in my life. we have eaten in here a few times now on visiting weymouth and the food is always exellent, the people are lovely and the service is top class. thank you for kick starting a great weekend of in style. -fantastic-

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jgandcw
Beth W, Owner at Galley Bistro & Bar, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for your review, it is always fantastic to know that our guests enjoy eating at the Galley, especially when that have formed this opinion over several visits!! I also have to agree about the cheesecake - bliss!!
Winnersh, null, United Kingdom
“Family end of holiday meal”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant on the last night of the holiday and what a treat we had, the childrens meals of scampi and the sweet and sour fried veg was a real hit with our 12 and 10 year ol. The T Bone and Surf and turf were excellent as well, no chance of going home hungry here, glad we turned up early. The girls even tried my calimari which was brill. Next time in Weymouth will definately visit again.

• Visited August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us, I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed your meals. We try hard to ensure that families feel welcome by providing a children's menu, so I am glad it was well received. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.