“Clean and good location”
Review of The Lantana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
The Lantana
Ranked #71 of 166 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The room was over looking the bay and as it was a family room, it was very spacious and well presented. The owner said it had been recently refurbished and it was very nice. The bed was comfy. The room was heated by a single electric radiator. There were a selection of teas, fruit teas and coffee. The ensuite had a shower, toilet and sink. There was no where in the room to dry damp towels. I also missed having a hair dryer and there was no tourist information in the room.
Breakfast was served between 8-9am. There was a selection of cereals, orange juice and apple juice. I had the cooked breakfast which consisted of 2 sausages, 1 rasher of bacon, one grilled tomato, 1 hash brown, baked beans and a fried egg. There wasn't a menu on the table. White and brown toast were also served with a selection of preserves.

The location is central and excellent and although it is metered parking, the hosts do give out free permits.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Perfect location, wonderful views from my cosy room and a great breakfast set me up perfectly for my stay in Weymouth. A stone's throw from the beach & minutes from the town centre. Quiet and comfortable with helpful, hospitable and accommodating owner. Impeccably clean room with television and bay view... faultless and fabulous value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarkAdria
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked very much last minute and were welcomed by Sharon who was really pleasant. Our room overlooked the harbour, and I was pleasantly surprised by the huge bay window. Everything was clean and the bed was absolutely huge with 2 divans pushed together.. I found the bed to be very comfortable.
The hotel was nice and quiet with very little noise heard from other guests. If the sliding. Door to the en suit is left open you can hear the next rooms guests use their bathroom. But this is easily solved by keeping the door closed.
The bathroom could do with being renewed but as Sharon has on,y just taken over the hotel, this is something she will probably deal with as she finds her feet. However everything was immaculately clean so an old bathroom really isn't that bigger deal.
There was an abundance of tea and coffee in our room which is a big plus in my eyes.

No shampoo or shower gel in the bathroom but there was a liquid hand wash.
Plenty of spare loo rolls were also available in the bathroom.
Breakfast was lovely and my egg was cooked perfectly. Nothing was too much trouble. I would've liked to have had a spare knife laid on my side plate for when I buttered my toast as I had to wipe my knife off from eating breakfast in order to butter my toast.
Outside the back of the hotel is a lovely little sun terrace with ample seating.
The hotel is situated near the pavilion and right opposite the beach. You either have a sea view or a harbour view. Both are wonderful. The town centre is approx 5 minutes away and you get a parking permit which you place in the windscreen and this allows you to have free parking for the duration of your stay.
Try visiting e Marlborough fish and chip shop by the town bridge for the best cod and chips, also they do a gorgeous beef curry to dunk your chips in. Not the curry sauce, make sure you ask for the beef curry. Floods is a wonderful seafood restaurant Along the harbour but booking is advisable.
All in all we had a delightful holiday and will definitely come back to the Lantana again. Thank you Sharon and family and good luck for your new venture within the hotel business.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 66sunshinebabs66
Reviewed August 5, 2012

New owners this year and are very nice and helpfull,the food is great,well cooked and not oily , the choice of food good too,the rooms are clean,the bed linen is clean and smells fresh which is a must ,the only downside of the rooms being the bathrooms /showers need a revamp, which kate never got round to doing , but sharon intends to do in the winter i belive.

Room Tip: Go for harbour view as quieter due to less traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have visited the Lantana many times in the past - and always thought it to be a good B&B. However, the new owners have taken it that step further - it is now excellent.

The location is the best in Weymouth. All rooms have either a bay or harbour view. I stayed for a week (including the Jubilee weekend) on my own. I had a fantastic room with a bay window - overlooking Weymouth beach. Although the Lantana is situated very near to the beach, shops, harbour, and all the restaurants - it is very quiet.

Sharon and Steve are such a lovely couple - and they really spoilt me. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They even stored my (very heavy) suitcase on the morning I was leaving - and brought it down the stairs on to the pavement for me. By then it was raining very heavily - so this kind act was much appreciated.

A+ for cleanliness, comfy bed, and facilities. An excellent breakfast was served by their son Ronnie - a helpful and charming young man.

I cannot recommend the Lantana too highly.

Thank you Sharon, Steve & Ronnie - for a really enjoyable stay - I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the Lantana for the Jubilee weekend and had a really great time. As a single traveller I enjoyed a wonderful room overlooking the harbour. I have resided at the Lantana on a few previous occasions over the last three years and the location is absolutely unbelieveable, next to the habour and beach and also within 2 minutes walk of all shopping and bar/restaurants you could want. The Lantana has been taken over by new owners who have taken to the task admirably since I visited in September 2011. The cleanliness and level of assistance was second to none, and the breakfasts were filling, tasty and plentiful. I could not recommend the Lantana enough.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed in Room 9 for one week in April, such a great view, room very comfortable and warm in the not so great spring weather. The hosts Sharon & Steve so welcoming and friendly. Would definitely go back there, so flexible and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for this couple.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family