“Ming Wah August 2012”

Ranked #45 of 285 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run business popular with locals. Known locally as the best Chinese restaurant in Weymouth. Eat-in and takeaway including local deliveries.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Ming Wah August 2012”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

My son and I recently visited Ming Wah whilst on holiday in Weymouth and it's a big thumbs up from us in terms of the food and service.

A word of advice for the management though. Don't hold your disciplinary meetings on the restaurant floor. Bit off putting when you're trying to concentrate on your spare ribs!

Visited August 2014

Yateley, United Kingdom
“Very busy Chinese restaurant and busy for a reason!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

When in Weymouth we usually have a chinese meal at the Seaview Restaurant overlooking the beach. We have never had a bad meal there. However we were staying at the Bourneville Hotel and they recommended the Ming Wah and The Jade Garden. We decided to try the Ming Wah for a change. We arrived at 9pm on a Saturday night of the August Bank holiday weekend and were told a table would be available in 10 minutes. It was and we took our seats. The restaurant was busy and service seemed a little hectic at times but I have to say the food was excellent and we never had to wait to long between courses. We had set meal F for 19 pounds 60p each. Starters were Seaweed, satay chicken, and spare ribs. Then we had crispy duck and pancakes, followed by garlic and chilli prawns, sweet and sour chicken, special fried rice. My wife had orange juice and I has a glass of house wine(chardonnay) and a Malibu and Coke. We rounded off the meal with a cup of coffee each (included with set meal). All in all a nice evening out and all for just over 50 pounds. We would definitely eat here again!

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have visited several times and eat at lunchtime opting for the 3 course business lunch at £5.95 There is a good choice and the service is fast. They are very accommodating re the starter of soup and will do a vegetarian alternative.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely.”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Incredibly happy with my visit to this lovely chinese restaurant. I had looked on trip advisor before going and it did make me worry a little as they had a mixed set of reviews. I had read a few reviews that said the portion sizes were a little small, I disagree completely. I had a starter which was big enough to be my main and my main was a of a decent size with plenty of rice. We ordered 2 lots of rice and it fed 4 of us so you can clearly see that the portion sizes are of a decent standard. The food itself was faultless, absolutely lovely! The only thing I could pick out and this is me being very picky was that although the service was quick and the staff were welcoming I didn't feel like a valued customer.

Banbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

During me and my partners recent holiday in Weymouth, we actually made two visits to this restaurant. Both times the food was excellent and we got seated at a table without any fuss. The staff were mainly friendly. The final bill was reasonable for the amount of food and drinks we had. Not sure if Weymouth has many sit in Chinese restaurants, so you couldn't go far wrong in making the Ming Wah your choice.