“Awesome!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Literally, we have just returned from Weymouth Bay (left at 9am... lol) and having stayed twice before and knowing how wonderful it is, I wasn't disappointed. We privately rented with D and R caravans (Dean also owns A Maiden Rest on the seafront) and our caravan was superb as ever. We had our first meal ever in the CafeBar which was stunning. 2 burgers and chips presented on wooden boards and mini fryers, a small lasagne (which was enormous - goodness knows what a large was like) and a kids fish which was almost a whole cod. The pool and lazy river were excellent as always though we were gutted the outdoor pool wasn't open - my son loves the very shallow bit and my husband likes swimming from inside to out. The Live Lounge was not much dearer than a round in my local and the Seaside squad were in full force every night. The park was immaculate, tidy and clean. And finally the staff, especially the security and gardening staff, all of whom worked above and beyond their usual duties (Big shout to Kenny on the gardening staff who helped my mum - he was brilliant). So to Tracey and her team, you surpassed yourselves once again. See you next year!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank vickstary
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Hi, WOW!! what a awesome review, love the fact that as soona s you left you were so kind as to write a review, this is amazing, I love it!!.

So lovely to hear that you had another fantastic stay with us, made me smile alot when I read your review, I will most certainly pass on all your kind comments to the relevant teams, I was pleased that you enjoyed your meal, and yes the food is beautiful in the Cafe Bar.

It is a pleasure to have read your review and you found our park once again to be immaculate, tidy and clean, our staff who worked above and beyond, this is the most important, we are here for you to ensure that we do everything possible to make your holiday the greatest we can, and from me and all of the team here at the Bay, thank you so much, and we will see you again next year.

See you soon !!!

Tracey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed May 16, 2014

My first impressions of this site is of how clean and well presented it is. There is a lovely smell of freshly cut grass and the grounds are very well maintained. Reception staff were friendly welcoming and efficient.
Our caravan was amazing! I had more wardrobe space in the bedroom than I have at home. It was spotlessly clean and having a fridge freezer is a very good idea for those there on a budget or wishing to cook.. It did take us a while to work how to light the oven and we couldnt find any instructions.
The park is very impressive and I took lots of walks around. There is a few different footpaths which lead down to the beach and is a pleasant fifteen minute walk through a semi wooded area. There is a cafe and ice cream parlour on this little beach and you can walk right through to Weymouth from here. I guess its a few miles but theres cafes and loos along the way and a very nice walk it is though we had to bus it back ;-)

The site restaurant is modern and relaxing with a choice of eating inside outside or on a patio area. The staff were great always smiling and happy. The food was a little pricey for a family site but there was the option of a 25% discount if you ate between three and five. The food was superb with a varied menu and freshly cooked.
Breakfast was more reasonably priced and I only had mine there once but I give ten out ten..

There was entertainment in the evenings but we only went once to that. The staff were great with the little ones and the one show we saw on the Tuesday evening the singer was fantastic and we really enjoyed her and her music.

Lastly there is a shop with basic supplies on site. I could not understand why the shop would sell cat food?? I asked the staff but they didnt seem to know either ..
Very strange as im sure nobody takes their cat on their hols lol

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank marysunshine156

HI Pleasantly Suprised, what a wonderful review of our park and our team, I'm so very proud to work at Weymouth Bay when I read our guests reviews, its always a pleasure.

We certainly exceeded your expectations which is a lovely, to read that our guests first impressions is impressive is just amazing, for me and all of our team we love nothing more than to read our reviews and listen to our guests feedback, ten out of tem for breakfast, I couldn't agree more, it is tasty.

I could go on and on, but I won't (hahah), but what I really want to say to you and your family, is thank you for staying with us, thank you for your wonderful review and kind feedback, and last of all we hope you will come back and stay with us again very soon. If you would like to stay just give me a call and we will look after you.

PS. With regards to the cat food (lol), we have a lot of private owners on our park so we do try and provide a little of everything in our shop, we may have some owners that have a cat, so we look after them as well.

See you soon!!!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a holiday at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park.The caravan that we were allocated was 34, Hill View. It was a large caravan in immaculate condition, in a good quite location on the site.All the staff greeted us with a warm and friendly welcome and were very helpful, happy and kind, extremely hard working and passionate about looking after customers needs.
The check in was very quick and efficient to make our holiday a most enjoyable experience. The camp is in a good location and highly recommended with a regular bus service right outside the main entrance.
We are definately looking forward to returning again next year

C. Thomas
Cornwall

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank colyn t
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Hi Mr Thomas

I would like to from all of us here at Weymouth Bay, Thank you for your kind and generous review of all of our team and our park, it was an absolute pelasure reading your review, the word "Passionate" you use to describe us looking after your needs is used frequently by us all. We certainly are very passionate about giving our guests a fabulous holiday and exceeding their expectations, and it seems for you and your wife we have done this for you. Hillview is a lovely area of the park not to far away from the complex but in a nice relaxing area, we look forward to welcoming you back next year, and I can assist with anything at all regarding your booking or location of your caravan or any special requests you may have please give me a call on 01305 832271 or alternatively email me tracey.penney@bourne-lesiure.co.uk.

Once again many thanks to you and your wife for holidaying at Weymouth Bay, and for providing such wonderful feedback, see you next year

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Spent bank holiday weekend here as part of a rugby tour. Haven is synonymous with quality parks and this exceeded even those high standards. We've stayed in 4 Haven parks over the years but this was the best by far.

Check in was swift and easy and the caravan very easy to find. Everything was signposted well. Despite having a standards caravan it was quality in terms of comfort and cleanliness. There were 3 bedrooms, one double and two twins. There were 2 bathrooms. All rooms had radiators and the caravan was always nice and warm.

The entertainment complex was excellent. We did not use the Live Lounge but used the Cafe Bar every day. The staff at the Cafe Bar were simply excellent; they went above and beyond in terms of customer service and their manners and professionalism were simply outstanding. Food was of an excellent quality and there is even a carvery on a Sunday. The terraced / patio area outside was fantastic. There was plenty of room ( we did kind of take over the place!) and you could keep a close eye on the kids playing in the park below. There's an arcade on the way in which also kept the kids busy.

The pool facilities were excellent- spacious and clean. There was even a lazy river type ride that both adults and children had a good time on. Adults and children could also make use of an outdoor bungee jump / trampoline type thing.

One huge plus point on this site was the fact that everything was close together and on a flat. Our caravan was one of the furthest from the Entertainment Complex but we could walk it in under 10 minutes. The grounds were spotless and well maintained. There is also a lovely homely atmosphere about the whole place. On top of this the bank holiday weather was great for once. All adults and children on tour stated that they would be return to this site again for a normal family holiday and we would certainly do the same. Completely outstanding!

Room Tip: We stayed in Hillview which was extremely peaceful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan P

Hi Ryan WOW!!

HEAVENLY/COMPLETELY OUTSTANDING!! what a review, your review was just wonderful, you and your family really did have a holiday expereince with us that you will be talking about and sharing memories for years to come. As Guest Relations Manager here at Weymouth Bay nothing gives me more pleasure than to read our guests have had a great holiday experience, when I read your review and that you had said we were completely outstanding, it gave me goose bumps!! . You know when you hear people say they love coming to work and making people feel special, that's us, our team really do feel this way, we welcome everyone with sincerity and we really do the right thing to esnure everyone ahs a great time.

You have given us so many kind and positive comments that I could go on and on, but what I really wanted to say was a big thank you from all of the team, from our accomodaiton who you provided you with a clean and comortable caravan, our great cafe team who's menu is just bursting this year with great food delights, and what a compliment to them to read their customer service, manners and professionalism they provided you was spot on, to our Sports and Lesiure team keeping the pools to the highest standards, and keeping you safe, where you brave to go on ourt new AIR Ride? many of our team have but I'm a little chicken when it comes to heights!!. It's certainly been a hit so far!
Our grounds team for keeping the park so clean and well maintained, and all from all the team I haven't mentioned a massive thank you. Writing to you not just as a team member but as a mum, who holidays with Haven and abroad I have to agree Weymouth Bay has an amtosphere that is relaxed, friendly and most of all a Welcome like no other.

I look forward to welcoming you and your back to us again very soon, please just ask for me upon making your booking.

We will see you soon

Tracey P

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited in Easter half term and the had a great time. The caravan was immaculate late and spacious and travelling with friends out caravans were all situated next to one another which was great for the kids to play. The swimming pools were slightly smaller than expected and the indoor one is one depth of 1.2 so for smaller kids you just had to carry them. The outdoor lazy river was good fun and slightly shallower at 1.1m.
The kids loved the evening entertainment and of course the amusements which are unavoidable and can be a pain when you just want to go swimming you have to walk pass them, kids are like magnets to them!

The site itself was clean and friendly and can't be faulted, we used the bus into town one day and it was on time and reliable.

The food on site was awful and very overpriced, we ate there once and we're very disappointed.

Other than the food we all enjoyed ourselves and ha a nice stay.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for your review it was very kind of you to take the time to do so, I am so pleased that you found the facilities and the team not to be faulted, we take great pride in esnuring all of the facilities are maintained to our highests standards, where you can be carefree in a really safe Haven thats clean and bright.

For me as a mum I love to watch my little one dancing and enjoying the shows, and if I had to admit I now know all the party dances of by heart, and I am sure by the end of the stay you too find yourself singing along to one or two!

I was so sorry to read you were disappointed the food in our restuarant, to date feedback has been great, however we do take our guests comments seriously . I can assure you that such an oversight is by no means the norm in the Restaurant and I have passed all your comments onto the Complex and Catering Manager who are working together with their dedicated team to ensure that such an error does not re-occur in the futre. I am glad this did not deter you from the enjoyment of your holiday and I do hope you will come back and saty with us again.

Just give me a call if you would like to stay again and I will take a personal interest in your booking.

From all us, Thank you and see you soon!!

Tracey P

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed four nights with our 2 children and dog. From start to finish it was fantastic, the caravan was immaculate and in good walking distance to bowleaze cove and the clubhouse. the swimming pool was the warmest ive ever been in and the lazy river was brilliant. the entertainment staff done an amazing job and worked really hard both kids loved it. Kart hire was hillarious, bus every ten minutes just outside the park to weymouth, although its also worth taking the coastal walk from bowleaze. we had ducks outside our caravan in the mornings which was a definite highlight for my son and we were lucky enough to witness a kestrel hovering over its prey before diving down on our walk towards a beautiful field to bowleaze cove. cannot reccomend this place enough. already planning a trip for next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank daysyd
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Hi there Daysyd,

What a fantastic review you have given us , you have definately had a great holiday with us, thatnk you so much for your kind comments with regards to your holiday home being immaculate and spacious, our accomodaiton team strive to ensure when entering your holiday home that everything is just right for you to make sure you have a great start to your holiday, and I will most definately pass your comments on to our Accommodaiton Manager.

I was pleased we were able to get you as close together as possible, as a mum I know how lovely it is to come on holiday with family and friends and when I allocate our geusts caravans I really will do my very best to get you as close as possible.

Our lazy river is a frim favourite with all generations and is definately great fun, to have a lovely review saying our park is immaculate and can't be faulted makes us a very proud team, we are all here for our guests and when we have reviews like yours we certainly know we are doing the right thing.

I would like to apologise for the poor standard in food service and quality that you experienced during your holiday. I can assure you that such an oversight is by no means the norm in our Restaurant/Cafe Bar and I have passed all your comments onto the Complex and Restuarant Manager who are working together with their dedicated team to ensure that such an error does not re-occur in the future. I am sure that returning to Weymouth Bay of which I hope you will, you will find our food to be to our normal highests standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future and if you would like to book or have anything I can assist you with please give me a call direct on 01305 832271.

Regards

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife, myself, our daughter and 2-year-old grandson had a 3-day break at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park from 26th to 28th April 2014. Booking in was pretty seamless and pleasant although I did feel that the receptionist was trying to push the entertainment passes, which we had not requested. I was amazed to find that, apart from the shop and launderette, we had no access to any other facility without such passes. (Not to worry though as there is an excellent pub within walking distance. The Spiceship had good family facilities and large play area with climbing frames and swings. There is another pub at Upwey, the Royal Standard, that also caters well for families.) The caravan we were provided with was of a good size and the double bed has to be the most comfortable caravan bed I have ever slept in. The living area had not been cleaned to a very good standard so my wife set about putting that right. The pop-up toaster was very temperamental, often failing to 'pop-down'. The fire extinguisher was missing from its holder and the fridge appeared unhygienic. Although we had 2 toilets, one of which was ensuite, neither had the facility of a toilet brush. The hot water system was a joke, taking 15 to 20 minutes for the water to get hot enough for a wet shave or a shower. The site is only a ten-minute level walk from the sea but, in my opinion, is probably too big to provide the personal service most holiday-makers seek. Would I stay there again? I doubt it. Love Weymouth, however.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Hi there Applecross25

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, I was sorry to read that you had arrived to find your caravan not cleaned to our highest standards you would normally expect from us, I do wish you had popped into see me as I would have had everything rectified for you immediatey, we could of replaced the toaster and had our mainteance team adjust the water temperature for you. All of these could have been done for you straight away and we don't ask for you to wait in, we visit when you are out so you can go off and enjoy your day not to deter you from the enjoyment of your holiday.

When booking direct with Haven your facilities passes are included in your holiday, when booking through our great promotional holidays these are an added option, and guests have the choice of whether to purchase them and use the faciltiies.
I am sorry if you felt our team had pressurised you into buying them, please be assured we would never want to make anyone feel that way, but we do make our guests aware that without passes they are unable to use any of the facilities and let them know if they do change their mind we are here.

I am sorry you feel we didnt give you the personal service you expected, to date our feedback and reviews have been fantastic about both the park and the team, and we have had amazing comments about our team wanting to help our guests. It is with regret that you didnt make us aware of the issues you had experienced because we are always here to help in everyway possible, we do re-iterate to all our guests when they check in that if you need us at all just give us a call or pop into reception.

I do hope you return to Weymouth Bay so I can take a personal interest in your booking and show you we are a great park and we can get it right for you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review

Tracey Penney