“Great holiday park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been to weymouth many times and stayed at waterside but this seemed way over priced so went for an haven site. Check in was easy, Caravan was beautiful. The site wasnt to big or busy the only downside was the drinks were a rip off £5.20 for a glass of wine but there are 2 pubs off the site in walking distance. We caught the bus into weymouth for £3 return and you can find food and drink at good prices in town. The Nothe Fort is still good to visit £15 for 2 adults & 2 children. Weymouth is always a lovely place to visit even now with teenagers, a great holiday would definitely use this park again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank beeStaffordshire

Reviewed June 15, 2013

First of all we would like to thank Izzy in the Haven Telephone department for all her help finding us a holiday after the striking French Air Traffic controllers totally wrecked our planned holiday to Spain. She was patience itself while we tried to make decisions around our needs when we were 'over-tired' and 'stressed'.

We decided on the Haven at Weymouth Bay as we knew the area and my son had gone on holiday here with his nan & granddad in the 1980's.

The caravan was clean and well equipped. We were a family party of two grandparents; two parents and a 15 month old. Due to the very last minute booking, we had a two bedroomed version and the double bedroom happily took the travel cot we brought with us. The twin second bedroom would have been fabulous for two children, but was compact & bijou for two grandparents, but we managed fine.

The security guard who checked us in was extremely helpful and welcoming after the long & arduous day we had. So a special thank you to him too.

We only ate on site once as we found it a bit pricey and the service was slow, especially considering there were only to other covers in at the same time. The scrabbled egg was the most disgusting we had ever tasted (and we did tell the waitress so at the time). We could not understand how one human being could happily serve that to another human! (We actually experimented by making our own in the microwave the next day and came up with something much better - we were tempted to tweet a picture to the cooks to show how it could be done.)
However - that was our only complaint.
The park is well placed for Weymouth as noted in the comments of other reviewers. The pool was very nice, but you should note that the baby pool is next to the lazy river and on the days we visited it made it far too cold for our little person to use. She did enjoy the main pool though - so all good.

Thank you Haven - we did enjoy our stay and it brought back happy memories of caravan holidays taken in the past.

Room Tip: Go for the biggest caravan you can afford and consider going off season if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The kids had a great time. But found havens standards and customer service mostly poor. Issues with all 3 caravans used by party.
3 rude members of staff out of 10 though the good ones very good.. Would recomend local seaview instead and weymouth sealife brilliant especially if you get the 50% off out of red leaflet by reception. Onsite cafe/bar pricey and waited 45 mins for each meal. Live lounge excellent all round.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here the last bank holiday weekend in May there was 27 age from 3 months to 61 and we all had a great time the caravans were clean and of high standard had a problem with another guest on the first night but security resolved this and the person involved was thrown off site. Weymouth bay is well worth a vist.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Rolling Hillsides - peace and quiet - lovely countryside - an easily accessible Cove and Beach with a great real-ale and food boozer nearby the end of it. And your starting point? An excellent “Haven” Holiday Park set in spacious greenery with great facilities and polite and friendly staff.

Sounds like “Haven’s Weymouth Bay” at Preston to me.

Actually I AM talking about Haven’s Weymouth Bay (& Seaview) “again” which my partner Linda and I were returning to for the fifth time. There’s a reason for this. We just love it here and have never failed to have an enjoyable relaxing time. Linda’s Mum n’ Dad and the Dog were also along this time.

Weymouth Bay has everything we need for a 4, 5, or maybe 7 days break. Whatever we can sort out. Just to simply unwind away from the usual drudgery of routine - taking the sea air and enjoying the gorgeous greenery of atmospheric Dorset.

Weymouth Bay Camp couldn’t be better situated. A stroll through pathway and field for that important morning walk with my in-laws Spaniel down to “Bowleaze Cove” is perfect on a sunny morning . How those dogs love a run on the beach and a splash in the ocean.

Or you might wish to start the day with an invigorating swim at Weymouth Bay’s Pool. The swimming pool and facilities are good here - and as we tend to stay at off peak times there’s always plenty of room to have a leisurely and refreshing swim.

Should you wish to nip down town to Weymouth or visit the Seafront of this fine traditional resort, there’s the option of leaving the car back at camp. For there’s a very handy, regular, local Bus Service to and from. One that not only takes in Preston itself, with its attractive “Portland Stone” estates rising up the hill - but it runs evenings as well - until quite late (all except Sunday eve) from the Kings Statue ensconced on Weymouth Seafront.

Weymouth Bay or Seaview reception will usually have that all important time-table pamphlet. It’s very convenient and couldn’t easier.

There are many, many, local places of interest to visit as well in this neck of the woods. Too many to mention and I am sure to have mentioned them before in previous reviews. But Lulworth Cove, Abottsbury Swannery & nearby Gardens - Athelhampton House, Mill House Cider Museum, (near Dorchester) and Poole Pirates Speedway are among them.

Again just pick up the flyers or tour guides with handy incorporated maps at Reception and please yourself.

Now I’ve mentioned that there is a decent pub(s) in the vicinity but the bar in the restaurant area of “Weymouth Bay Park” is also good for a quiet evening drink which we’ve also taken advantage of. Having, in addition, also eaten there once or twice - both the main courses and deserts were delicious - and good value for money.

I want at this juncture to say a word or two about our hired Caravan accommodation.

We’ve always had good vans here. But have also upgraded once or twice. I must say its well worth it. On this latest occasion we had a superb caravan. A very cosy interior design - a real home from home. The bathroom, toilet & shower areas were bright and also spotless. Full credit to the cleaning staff.

Of course you’ll also be wanting to know about the local fish and chip shop wont you? Well there are two. Both good. However the one a little further up from the camp’s main-gate and just around a corner – does (I have to tell you) cook - melt in the mouth - home-made fish cakes.

Good?

I’ll say.

So good I ate ‘em twice.

There must be something spiritual about this place (Dorset I mean not the chippy). I don’t know if it’s the imagery and atmosphere of the classic novel “Moonfleet - “with its thrilling tale of smuggling in historical times? Or maybe it’s that chalky White Horse figure cut into the downs overlooking Weymouth Bay camp. But it’s certainly something.

A something that calls us back to this place - time and again. I feel sure there will be yet another future visit. In fact there’s only one problem. It’s always over too soon.
Chris Newman Summer 2013.

Room Tip: For peace & quiet - travel a little off-peak if you able and ask for an upgrade. That little ext...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank chrisnewman2
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi Chris, WOW! I loved reading your review, it was amazing to read, I live in Weymouth but when I read your review I fell in love with Weymouth all over again. You and your family really did have a fabulous stay with us, firstly I would like to thank you so very much on behalf of all of team here at the park for such wonderful feedback and kind comments.
Fifth visit to us thats fantastic, thank you for being such loyal guests, we hope it will be your 6th visit to us very soon, don't hesitate to give us a call on the park if we can assit with your booking in anyway, I would be more than happy to take a personal interest in your booking.
Once again such a fab review and comments thank you from all of us.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed at Weymouth Bay for 4 nights last week with partners family and children (5 adults & 2 children) in a "Prestige" caravan. This was very clean and spacious with a nice hot shower however if needing to sit on the toilet it will necessitate having to have the door pressed against your nose but a minor quibble. We were based in a cul-de-sac part of the park which I will request again if we stay in the future as it meant it was much quieter and did not have to put up with many people passing the caravan and missing the noise at end of the evenings.

The park itself is very clean and well maintained with good play areas for young and older children. The clubhouse was nicely done out with access to the entertainment, amusement arcade, Papa Johns pizza, swimming pool and a nice clean bar/restaurant area from where I watched the football but I appreciated the fact the sound was turned down for the evening diners.

The swimming pool had a baby pool, outdoor pool, a heated indoor pool and a lazy river which were well supervised and with plenty of sun loungers for the tanning enthusiasts. The only major gripe we had about the whole week was on the Thursday which was possibly the hottest day of the year so far the pool was closed as it was "too cold" which disappointed the children. Not sure what to make of that but I will not that one instance take away from the rest of the holiday.

The entertainment was fantastic for the children with the Seaside Squad and Funstars so i would recommend for families, the Funstars staff are to be applauded for how they entertained and amused the children and I would like to give special praise to them, however I would say more could be done later to provide better entertainment for the adults but as a family entertainment park I suppose it may stick to its strengths.

On a side note the park has a short trail (10 min walk) down towards a beach with amusements and restaurant but it is not the main Weymouth beach. There is a regular bus service from outside the park entrance which is to be recommended as it would be about a 45 min/1hr walk into Weymouth centre and it is £3 return ticket for adults which is worth it as you will pay more for car parking.

As I mentioned at the start I went with my partners family but I have recommended it my own side of the family and will definitely return. Thank you Weymouth Bay for a lovely holiday.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katy C
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've just returned from a weeks holiday at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park with my two young kids "3" and "1"...I actually went here on holiday 30 years ago when I was a child myself with my parents and remembered having a great time then, So I was keen to take my own children now I am a parent myself. Firstly on arriving I noticed how clean and tidy the whole park seemed, the reception staff were all very friendly and professional, the old boy security guard was a right character, and very pleasant, and the whole park felt so friendly and inviting. My caravan was very clean and tidy, and in an excellent location. The food was always perfect, and came out very fast, The nightime entertainment was great, and involved the kids alot, all the funstars were great with the kids, especially Neil and Martin, who had us in stiches. The swimming pools were excellent with the addition of the lazy river. All in all I would highly recommend this Haven site to anyone looking for a great family holiday, I have been to about 60% of all Haven sites over the years and this one certainly stands out as one of the best I've been to. Absolutely perfect all round with the added bonus of blazing sunshine all week long. Well done all the staff at Weymouth Bay and thank you so much for making my family holiday this year so brilliant I shall definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank davebush2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
Best Western Weymouth Hotel Rembrandt
#17 of 22 in Weymouth
Hotel Collingwood
Hotel Collingwood
#8 of 66 in Bournemouth

Been to Weymouth Bay Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!