“Brilliant sea food in scenic location”
Review of Crab House Cafe

Crab House Cafe
Ranked #6 of 292 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Brilliant meal on a Saturday night - fish beautifully fresh and bread just baked before it arrived at the table. Dessert for me was rhubarb and blood orange upside down cheese cake with chocolate crumb - delicious. Great location and nice chilled out atmosphere. Would visit again if in the area!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Visited previously a couple of years ago we found this place fantastic and quirky, this time we came with my 90 year old Mother and a close friend, both agreed it was one of the best eating experiences they had had. The food quality is unrivalled the menu is wide ranging, service is excellent. I had the oysters Italiano and they were superb. The location is not what you would expect, possibly neither is the interior, but it is just so quirky and unusual we love it and would never miss at least one visit when we are visiting Dorset, best to book as even lunchtimes get busy!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Excellent food, fish on display so you could see exactly what you were eating. Oysters were amazing, scallops mouth watering. Crab was served with great theatre, bucket, hammer and a bib. Waiting staff lovely, a real pleasure can't wait to return

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I love my crustaceans and I knew they were abundant in this restaurant. The prices were initially off putting but the quantites were vast. I was unsure of this. I have also been to Cromer and their crabs are really tiny and I did think £20 for a crab of that size would be over the top, but in fact a half crab was big enough for my needs. I had scollops to start and Purbeck ice cream for desert. Purbeck ice cream is my absolute favourite ice cream. And such a good price £4.80 for three scoops. To compare, Weld Arms east Lulworth charges over £6 for a bowl like that! I would've had wine but didn't fancy it today. Have drank a lot of white wine recently and I think it disagrees with my medication. Coffees were very good, decent ground beans with a good flavour. Service very good, towards the end had to get a waitors attention for the bill, but no problem otherwise.

1  Thank Mintyburble
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Like our previous two visits, our last lunch here was a joy. Oysters to start followed by mackerel with rhubarb and a juicy, satisfying John Dory. Desserts were thoughtful and inventive too, the wine list is good and the free bread and seafood mix is a nice touch. There's always a long list of options but for a first visit I recommend that someone orders their signature dish, the whole crab. The food feels sophisticated (and priced accordingly) but the setting is warm and relatively informal. The setting helps a lot. The outside area was great for our kids to run around in safely and meet other children and it's nice to see where they grow a lot of the veg and breed the oysters. Service could be a bit quicker but we had no real complaints. Definitely worth booking in advance because it fills up quickly.