“absolutely smashing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Chandlers Ford
“absolutely smashing”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Really enjoyed our lunch at the Crab House Café today. We had a dozen oysters and a whole crab between us - and they were so good! Delicious oysters and the crab was so fresh and sweet. The staff were friendly, attentive but not intrusive. We enjoyed it so much we booked for the event on November 28th. It will mean an overnight stay at a B&B nearby but we think it will be worth it.

Lovely location and locale - no doubt helped by a superb, sunny autumn day

Epsom, United Kingdom
“Crab..tastic!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have been coming here for the last few years everytime I come to Weymouth. Every time it is awesome. The food is fantastic ( and fun if you have the crab / lobster) the staff are helpful and friendly and it's somewhere I will keep coming back to and recommending time and time again.
Rick Stein recommends but so do I!

“Great meal”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Weekend in Weymouth and went here on Saturday evening. Meal was great, fish soup followed by roasted sea bass. Nice atmosphere and food well prepared and staff very helpful.

Visited November 2013
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Superb lunch today started with potted monk tail and lobster served with rustic toast that was absolutely delicious. My main was perfectly cooked, grey mullet fillets with butternut purée, spinach and potatoes. I completed the meal with coconut and honeycomb ice cream, a scoop of each. Others at my table had nothing but praise for the crispy John Dory starter and a big bowl of crab bisque. The praise was further piled on for the brill and the herrings too! The bill for 3 courses for 4 plus 2 bottles of French White was £168 . The best meal I have eaten in Dorset. No wonder Rick Stein sings their praises.

London, United Kingdom
“The best fish I've ever had!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Having visited this restaurant this evening I can hands down say that this is the best fish restaurant I have ever had! Currently on a family holiday in Dorset and having heard great reviews of the crab house cafe I knew a trip to Weymouth would be worthwhile! The staff were very friendly and gave my Dad and I a very good demonstration of how to crack a crab! The restaurant has a very easy going vibe where good food is clearly high on the agenda. It is amazing to watch the chefs freshly cook your fish in front of you. I will have dreams of the red mullet starter with garlic and herbs when I am back to the day job on Monday! If you are in the area and looking for an unforgettable fish restaurant you have to go!!

• Visited October 2013