“Excellent Stay- Would go back in a hearbeat!”
Review of Harbour House

Harbour House
Ranked #28 of 165 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I recently stayed with Amrit and Family for one night in September. My parents were staying at the hotel so I booted it down from London for a quick one night in the B and B. It was a fabulous stay.
To start, I arrived quite early, before my parents arrived from their previous destination. I was worried they had missed a connection and I was kind of pacing the front room anxiously. Amrit came out, grabbed me a glass of wine and invited my into the back garden for a visit with her beautiful little boy. After a lovely conversation about Canada ( we are both xpats!) my family arrived and they checked into their rooms.
My room was a nice little single, perfect for me, great decor, comfy bed and pillows, private bath, towels, soaps etc. and a TV for late night xfactor!
My parents room was quite large, with beautiful bay windows, large bathroom and two comfy chairs for reading, as well as a big library of books to choose from! Both rooms were very clean- not an issue in sight!
Amrit gave us some suggestions for dinner and we headed out. Harbour House is in a perfect location, easy to get anywhere and always easy to make your way back- even after a bit more wine!
The next morning we had a beautiful breakfast. Everything from cereals and croissants to a full english breakfast made to order. Everything was well stocked and coffee was plentiful!
I had to check out at that point and make my way back to the city, but my parents stayed on for the week and had such a wonderful time.
All in all I would say this is an excellent, excellent place to stay and I am hoping to book a romantic getaway soon!!! Would recommend a hundred times!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Harbour House

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Clean and ideally located to all Weymouth has to offer.
Always made welcome. We have been staying there twice a year for over 3 years now.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Posting this super-late but my son and his father stayed c/o Amrit and her family for a weekend in July. They loved the room, breakfast, and hotel.

Amrit was so helpful and looked after them really well ( coordinated their arrival and departure and helped them with suggestions as my son's father doesn't speak much English.)

Alll dealings on email were really thorough and caring.
many thanks

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Beautifully kept building, clean throughout, secure, comfortable bed, modern bathroom. Lovely owners who are very helpful providing us with local information about Weymouth. Breakfast was amazing! Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area.

1  Thank Misha23
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The large bedroom we had was spotless,the cooked to order breakfast was first class&the charming lady who ran the hotel was lovely!

Room Tip: Ask for room no 1 but i am sure the others were just as good
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank matthew88
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We only stayed for one night but it was totally due to bad weather! The room was very large, clean with nice soft carpet and the bed was excellent which provided an excellent nights sleep. Love the fact that they have kept the period features including coving and windows.

The bathroom was very modern and extremely clean. The only 2 things I would change would be the hot/cold tap in the shower (which took a bit of time to get right) and coffee making facilities would have been good, however, not enough to knock them off the 'excellent'spot...!

Breakfast was perfect. Again, attention to detail. The fruit was fresh and bursting with flavour, the linen was immaculate and the cutlery and bone china were of high quality.

Would have no problem recommending Harbour House and would definitely stay again.

2  Thank sirrona
Reviewed July 18, 2011

On arrival at Harbour House we were greeted by the owners, very friendly people we were made very welcome. We stayed in room 9, very modern, very very clean, amazing view you couldn't ask for a better view. Ensuite shower room was very clean. We had tea and coffee facilities in the room, good to see it was all fairtrade......... Even tho it was raining we were quite happy to sit and relax in the room on our lazy chairs looking out the window at the view of Weymouth Bay. Waking up in the morning breakfast was served between half 8 till half 9, there was a fresh buffet of fruit salad, yogurts and pastries and cereals, all very fresh. Also avaliable was a full english, avaliable in any combination you wanted, when it came to the table which was pretty fast, it looked fake as in it was too perfect, egg white couldn't get any whiter with perfect yolk, no grease, also a selection of different toast ( white, seeded etc) was told this was all fresh from local farms. street outside was very quiet even tho there were local arcades etc, would reccomend room 9 to any couple wanting to get away and chill for a few nights or more.
we will 100% be going back again.

Room Tip: room9 is the best, its up out of the way and has fantastic views
3  Thank melrutter