“Good food but at top end price for rural venue”

Royal Kashmir Tandoori
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Aboyne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The food and service was very good with large portions but we were the only diners at the busiest time of the year and there was therefore no atmosphere. The carry out side was very busy so there is obviously good local support and maybe at the weekend it fills up a bit.

There are newer reviews for Royal Kashmir Tandoori

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Excellent all roUnd could be a little less expensive but you get what you pay for and this place is a good example of that hi prices twice as hi quality. Well done team royal Kashmir

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Royal Kashmir is our local Indian, which we use as a takeaway and a sit-down meal. I love the food, often having a Korma or a Madras, with one of their spectacularly huge and delicious Peshwari Naans! The family that run it are lovely, with a very polite waitress and waiter; the dad is a little more stern! Nice Indian music in the background. There is a wide selection of dishes, and my mum who is from London, claims that it was the best indian she has had!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I love this little place, the food is simply the best, the location is superb with beautiful scenery as a backdrop. Whenever I visit Aberdeen I like to travel to Aboyne just to visit this restaurant. The service is always fast and food given with a smile. The food is the best I have ever had for Indian cuisine. Having been a food critic by occupation for most of my life this place is one of my favourites as the food is always perfect and I'm never disappointed. I love visiting with family and friends.

1  Thank Samnk93
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Looked in here on way back from a day on the hills and just picked it as it was handy and still open. Delighted by how good the food was. Had poppadums to start - the onion relish in particular was really refreshing. A very tasty pakora then really nice aloo chana and saag paneer - both excellent and good with a nice fluffy naan. Portions quite generous so despite our big appetites no room to try out a dessert.
Had been once ages ago, and the food last night seemed to have moved up a notch.
Definitely one to go back to.
Cost £38 for two, including two pints of kingfisher and two coffees.