“Good quality food”

The White Cottage
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Aboyne
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of Royal Deeside near Aboyne.The White Cottage offers something just a little different from the usual with relaxed bistro style service.Offering a first on Royal Deeside an A la carte menu of Fish and Seafood with additional Grills and house specials of the day.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a lovely meal there in October - the food was fresh and the service was excellent.
A lovely country cottage with a section for showing off antiques for sale. Very interesting.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We saw the Thai Tasting dinner advertised on the white cottage Facebook site and decided to book up. I love Thai food and the tasting menu tonight bought back wonderful memories of our holiday to Thailand. I didn't want the green curry to finish....if no one was watching I would have liked the bowl clean ;) !!

Thank you for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Yet again we returned as a family and had an excellent meal on one of the theme nights. The menu was excellent with a mini mushroom lasagne to start with followed by an outstanding fillet steak...yum. A great place to take the family and an amazing choice. We will be back.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant on the last night of our stay on Royal Deeside and it was a seafood weekend. The food was excellent and could not be faulted. Lovely friendly atmosphere
in very comfortable surroundings. A thoroughly enjoyable evening! Will certainly return when back in the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Went for a family birthday celebration and absolutely loved the wee conservatory where our lovely table was set. Service was great and lovely atmosphere. However, was so disappointed when I recieved my cream of carrot soup which I felt was a little tasteless. For my main I ordered the Thai green chicken curry which my husband also had. Tasted ok but was so greasy and sloppy, looked like soup, I was vomiting through the following night and felt that the curry was just too greasy for me. The dessert was lovely however, but am afraid the curry has put me off. Hope it was just a one off as so many of the reviews are positive. Sorry to say I wont visit again.

1  Thank BallyRay