A party of 6 of us recently dined at "Lodge on the Loch" at Aboyne and we certainly will not be returning due to the extremely poor attitude of the staff. When we arrived and asked to be seated outside it was plain to see that this was a great inconvenience for the waitress who preferred us to sit inside as it was too "windy" outside (despite it being 20 degrees and glorious sunshine). The place was totally empty when we arrived and by the time we left there were only 2 other people dining, despite this it took 30 mins for us to be served our drinks. Whilst ordering the waitress was clearly bored of taking our order (huffing and puffing), it was almost as if we were inconveniencing the staff by being there as customers. We overheard a couple arrive just for drinks (they were not dining), and the barman asked them to sit outside on a small table just incase a big party arrived for food, so rude! We were astounded that the barman said this when it was obvious the place was completely deserted apart from our party of 6 and 2 others. In addition to this, my husband went for a look on the balcony to see the loch and was promptly followed by the barman and asked to refrain from wandering around the balcony as it was a "residents area". Added to the appalling attitude of the staff is the quality of the food which was extremely average (pub grub) yet the prices bear resemblance to a good quality bistro. The food looked and tasted like it had been prepared well in advance and heated up in a microwave, not freshly made. The building is in a beautiful location, shame the attitude of the staff and quality of the food doesn't match it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in 55 acres of stunning scenery literally a stones throw from Aboyne Loch, The Lodge on the Loch’s unparalleled surroundings and exceptional facilities are amongst the most impressive in Scotland’s North East. Set against the stunning backdrop of the Cairngorms National Park, the Loch side Restaurant is accredited by Eat Scotland, and offers a relaxed affordable fine-dining experience in peerless Scottish tranquillity. Ideal for anything from informal dining to special occasions, customers can enjoy wonderfully varied and healthy cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Lodge on the Loch of Aboyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge On The Loch Of Aboyne Hotel Aboyne
- The Lodge On The Loch Of Aboyne Scotland