To get away from the day to day stress (work, looking after elderly relatives) my wife and I booked a Superior Double Room at the Lodge in the newly added hotel section. We were allocated room 3, with a superb view over the Aboyne Loch. We arrived late, so could not take advantage of the outdoor Jacuzzi with the snow over 2 inches deep :-). The room had a super king-size bed, and was beautifully decorated with great ambiance (good Feng Shui). The ensuite shower room was very well appointed (new) and the shower was nicely powerful. Our evening dinner was excellent. The (sea) food was great (mussels, hake, salmon, Butternut Risotto) with a nice touch that the dinner was served on heated plates, not often experienced in restaurants any more. The service was friendly and relaxed. Jean and Derek and their friendly staff made us very welcome indeed. The rooms were fully booked, and it was good to see people enjoying themselves on a cold wintry night away from the hustle and bustle of the city. After a great night sleep, with the bed having a nice and firm mattress, we had a relaxing breakfast with a lovely view of the Loch (although frozen over). Sadly we could not use the 9 hole golf course as it was covered in snow. We enjoyed our little holiday, as that is how it felt even for 1 night. There is a full Spa facility available for those who want it but we did not stay long enough. We'll be back in May to enjoy the deck and views again in warmer weather we hope.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in 55 acres of stunning scenery literally a stones throw from Aboyne Loch, The Lodge on the Loch’s unparalleled surroundings and exceptional facilities are amongst the most impressive in Scotland’s North East. Set against the stunning backdrop of the Cairngorms National Park, the Loch side Restaurant is accredited by Eat Scotland, and offers a relaxed affordable fine-dining experience in peerless Scottish tranquillity. Ideal for anything from informal dining to special occasions, customers can enjoy wonderfully varied and healthy cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lodge on the Loch of Aboyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge On The Loch Of Aboyne Hotel Aboyne
- The Lodge On The Loch Of Aboyne Scotland