“Fantastic Indian at great value”

Ashiana Exquisite Asian Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been around 3 times to Ashiana (most recently in September 2013) and honestly think it's one of the best Indian's I've been to. For such a small restaurant there is a extensive range on the menu. I've mainly stuck to the specials section as there are plenty of dishes that I've never seen elsewhere.

The staff are extremely friendly and keen to have a laugh and joke with you. I've been in a group and as a couple and have always been made to feel welcome and at ease.

However, the main selling point has to be the food. As you would expect with an Indian the portions are generous. Even from the poppadoms I was impressed as the sauce tray is far better than standard. As mentioned above I have largely stuck to the specials section for the main and have never been disappointed, real top quality food. Despite this you don't overpay. Typically dinner for two (drinks, starters and main, I can never face dessert!) has come to around £40-50.

1  Thank ajdavies87

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Honestly, this is the best Indian food I've eaten in Europe. I had a pretty western dish/s, though I've had similar elsewhere and I've never had better.

The restaurant is very clean, modern and the staff are welcoming and friendly.

1  Thank GeorgeOF
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had been having a few days in Appleby and fancied an Indian meal. We found this one whilst we were out via ting the town what a find. Lovely food at a reasonable price and staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed October 2, 2013

indian/ bengal curry
All the best
Good food but the waiters look they did not have things to do
Not smart to serve
Small place ,not the same as previos staff that had good laff chat etc
Rick

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Really enjoyed my meal here. Fairly reasonable too given the location. Would definitely recommend. Service was very good also.