“Great Fresh Food”
Review of New Inn

New Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Arron & Carolyn welcome you to the New Inn at Hoff, serving traditional English food, wines & cask ales.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stopped in with my wife for lunch, everything was made from fresh with real potato chips all washed down with a great pint of the local eden gold, definately worth a visit

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've been to the new inn with my parents on numerous occasions as we have a caravan on wild rose which is only a short drive - in which we have been satisfied every time! Hog roast is my favourite day as the pig is fresh and cooked on site. A dainty little place with a crackling fire on those cold British days. What I love most about it though, is that it is not overflowing with tourists. Of course there are some, but the atmosphere is the best when the locals are down and the owner and chef relax knowing they're in the company of loyal customers and treat you extremely well. This then makes you as a customer relax and enjoy the pub, it's history within the town and also the beautiful countryside of the Lake District.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our most recent visit was for an afternoon tea which was excellent! The scones were freshly baked - so fresh we had to wait a few moments for them to cool a little before they could be served. A lovely afternoon with delicious sandwiches to eat whilst the scones were baking. I have been here for evening meals which both myself and my friends found to be very enjoyable. The landlady has always found the time to be very pleasant and chatty and I would definitely recommend both the pub and the food. Great!!!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I called in to the New Inn at Hoff with my wife. The board outside said.... real fire... real food. On entering the pub the fire wasn't lit, it was cold in there, i was in two minds to walk out , then the landlady apeared so we ordered our drinks and asked about the food. We were told the chefs steaks were famous and he is a good cook. So on ordering our food we were seated at a table, while waiting a good 45mins my wife found ginger hair on the table, it looked like animal hair, and there were shiny snail trails by the skirting boards. Then the food arrived and we spotted more hair stuck to the landladys tee shirt, the chef must have been having an off day as my meal was cold in the middle and burnt on the bottom, the veg was over cooked. This is the worst pub i have visited in years, cold, no atmosphere, appaulling food and a dirty feel to the place. After reading recent reviews they can only have been wrote by close freinds or family. This is far from the real Pub as advertised on the board outside.

2  Thank Peter R
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I went to the New Inn with my partner and best friend as it had been highly recommended to me by serveral friends, and I was not disappointed! On arrival we were greeted by a warm county fire followed quickly by the staff who were very polite and friendly! We decided to order food and we were offered a wide range of options and the staff were more than happy to accommodate our individual needs. The food was of exceptional quality not to meantion being very reasonably priced! The only fault I could find with this establishment is the fact I live too far away to visit more often! Overall we had a fantastic time and brilliant food! I will most certainly be going back there when I am next in the area! A big thank you to Sandra the landlady and Dan the chef for such a great experience!