“Beautiful, peaceful, and atmospheric”
Review of Hayton Holme

Hayton Holme
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Appleby-in-Westmorland
Hayton Holme
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at quite a number of B&Bs in England, and this is the nicest one I have visited. One of the proprietors was away during my visit, but the other (Michael) made me feel right at home. My feeling is that he is a very genuine person. Accommodations were very comfortable and breakfast was excellent. I had a bad cold during my visit, and Michael was more helpful than anyone could have expected, even doing a small repair on my car. I look forward to returning in the future. As an American, Hayton Holme was particularly appealing because it is “very English” – an old stone house with oak flooring, beamed ceilings, oil paintings of horses and fox hunts, fireplaces burning lumps of coal - that's about as atmospheric as it gets. The setting is pastoral, peaceful, quiet, and beautiful. Looking across fields and woods to the Pennines, you could easily imagine that you have no neighbors at all. Yet, it is close to a number of places to see and things to do. My en-suite room was great. The bathroom looked completely new. It’s a little hard to find (set your GPS to 54° 31’ 48” N, and 2° 29’ 46” W), but definitely worth it.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. The south bedroom (at the end of the hall) is very large with a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Louise and Michael made us feel very welcome. A beautiful house tucked away giving wonderful views. The accommodation is to a very high standard along with the use of your own drawing room so you do have to stay in your room if you do not want to. We stayed in the super king size bedroom, the other rooms we saw also looked fabulous. A lot of care and attention to detail has gone into the rooms and the setting and you are made to feel very welcome and special. The breakfast in the morning was great.
They also take dogs and horses so a great base to explore from.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple