Royal Oak Appleby
$97
$196
$183
$129
All reviewsthe pubpremier roomhair straightenersdoggie menulow beamswalk in showerstayed for one nightstayed longersteak nightlovely roomteddy bearan evening mealwelcome packboth nightsreal alefish and chipsnight stay
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Needed to stop for lunch on trip from Perthshire to south yorks,looked on trip advisor and found this great pub.good welcome Friday lunch time by Val who continued to impress throughout visit good food lots of it and very tasty , only downside wish we had stayed overnight day before , next time we will

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peter r
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here in the Royal Oak in January 2013. We chose it as it was pet friendly. We had two rooms which were very comfortable with access to the garden which was very useful with the dog. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast and dinner were good value, tasty and plentiful. I would certainly recommend this Inn which is in the beautiful Eden Valley.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I spent last night at The Royal Oak and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. After a 'touch and go' week weather wise, we were relieved to arrive there without a hitch and booked into room 5, one of the garden rooms. It was spacious, had a great king size bed (almost as comfortable as our own at home) and lots of little touches that made this one of the best jaunts yet, for example, the bath robes were of a standard typical of a 5* hotel. The young man behind the bar advised us to book a table for the evening and we took that on board, as even in the middle of the afternoon, it was clear that TRO has a good reputation and people want to eat there. And we discovered why, when we experienced our excellent evening meal. I opted for the chicken breast stuffed with local sausage on a creamy mustard sauce and husband for a very good steak and ale pie. The dessert, a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, was the best I've ever tasted. Breakfast this morning was brilliant. I asked for porridge and when it came it was quite a helping, so I was really glad I'd plumped for the smaller version of their substantial Westmorland breakfast. Service was very good, the food was super, the room was a treat and the pub atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed. We certainly will be back and sooner, rather than later.

Room Tip: The Garden Rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trumpeteers
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in the cottage (14th & 15th Jan 2013) with my partner, a man we look after who has learning difficulties and our two dogs... and I can not fault the hotel at all. The cottage was spacious, clean and very well equipped with everything we needed to cook our own food but we also ate in the restaurant one night and the food was very good (dogs were allowed in). Its very close to the little village and there are loads of walks for the dogs. I was very impressed with the doggy present bags waiting for us when we arrived and bowls of water on the floor waiting for them. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at the Royal Oak whilst visiting friends in Appleby. We received a very warm welcome from Claire who showed us to our room on the top floor and what a beautiful room. A quirky layout decorated to a very high and tasteful standard. The room had everything we needed but we felt that if we had needed anything else nothing would have been too much trouble. We enjoyed a couple of hours in the Tap Room drinking and chatting with friends and had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Breakfast this morning was very nice with good quality produce. All in all a lovely stay and at a reasonable price.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple