“Traditional village pub”
Review of Eden Vale Inn - CLOSED

Eden Vale Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Newly refurbished and under new management. Warm and inviting country pub with relaxed atmosphere. Locally sourced quality food prepared by our new chef
Reviewed August 26, 2012

A traditional English pub that offers B&B accommodation and excellent food. Just of the A66 transpennine highway in the delightful village of Bolton

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Staff were really friendly.We went at Sunday lunchtime and had the Sunday lunch.
My husbands roast beef was nice but the roast pork I had was very stringy.
The food tasted very'mass produced'.
I had rhubarb crumble which was ok but smothered in custard.Both our sweets were strangely sprinkled with chocolate powder!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

The bar was busy so we dined in the restaurant. It was empty apart from us on a Saturday but we didn't mind. The food was great pub food with local ingredients used. The prices were reasonable and the service was excellent..

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I knew this place was going to be good as soon as I stepped out of the car and the scent of wood smoke filled the air. We'd phoned from our local hotel just ten minutes earlier, and the landlord had promised us food.

It turned out that we had got in by the skin of our teeth, as we were the only ones eating. The landlady could not have been more self-deprecating in turning down our apologies, and insisted that it was no trouble at all.

We sat ourselves down in a quiet corner of the pub, away from where the pool table and the TV were positioned, and although there were several regulars enjoying the delights of "Mrs Brown" on the TV, the atmosphere was warm and peaceful and conducive to a pleasant evening.

We shared a delicious starter of tagliatelle which had a lovely sauce mixed through it. Then we pushed onto our main course, served piping hot. I had chicken with ham and cheese and a BBQ sauce, served with mixed veg and chips, which was absolutely delicious. My partner tucked into a healthy portion of pork on mashed potato with lashings of gravy. No haute cuisine here - these were portions designed to keep working farmers and their men filled to the gunnels!

The pub landlady made sure we had everything we needed, and we finished with some delicious local ice cream. We were also graced with the company of the pub's Jack Russell dog, Diesel, who came to say hello and sit with us as we finished our meal - a friendly chap indeed.

I'm probably not the fussiest of eaters, but I do know what I like, and I do know a good meal when I get one, and this one really hit the mark. Coupled with the "go the extra mile" attitude of the staff, the nice atmosphere, the warm fire, and a copy of the local Church parish magazine to peruse complete with crosswords, we could not have had a nicer evening. And all at a price that was eminently reasonable too! It made leaving a well deserved good sized tip a pleasure rather than a duty.

Highly recommended.

2  Thank MightBeABitLate
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My partner and I are regular visitors as we own a caravan at Kirkby Thore.During the caravan season we visit about 3 weekly.As we eat out every night we try many venues.For at least the last 3 years we have found the standard consistently high, and it exeeds our experience at Country Hotel level.As a result we always eat there on our first night and our last trying other venues in between. The Eden Vale Inn comes out top every visit! Thank you Nigel to you and all your excellent staff.

2  Thank Paultimmine