“A little taste of Spain”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tapas In Teesdale - Los Toreros Muertos
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Homemade food all sourced locally, breakfast light lunches, daily specials, delicious cakes and free wifi
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My partner and I attended the Tapas bar one Friday night - alas it was not very busy, possibly because there were other events on in the town. Despite that there was a good vibe and the owner/waiter checked that the music was acceptable and we were comfortable with the volume. On arriving at the restaurant we were given a complimentary drink and offered the daily menu (it was paper in nature so I presume it changes regularly). The tapas on offer were very reminiscent of authentic Spanish Tapas. My partner and I were a little confused as to how much to order but were guided gently by a member of staff and enjoyed a fabulous, tasty, value for money meal. We even came away with some left overs lol. We will certainly be returning hopefully to try a variety of different dishes. Thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

On Sunday the 8th we had a surprise buffet party at Los Toreros Muertos. Denise and Jose made the whole experience wonderful by helping right from the beginning with buffet selection and budgeting. The food was great and everybody raved about it as well as the Sangria (of course)!!!! All I heard from the party guests was how great the venue and vibe was along the different tapas dishes available.

I would recommend it as a perfect place for either a nice meal for a few friends or a big buffet party for the whole family.

1  Thank LukeKelton
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Went with some friends for a meal, service was fabulous, food was amazing and the price was very reasonable, will def be back and would highly reccomend

1  Thank Tori G
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Los Toreros Muertos I only regret not going more often & not previously leaving a review. It was recently our first wedding anniversary and my wife's 31st birthday, I thought it would be a nice treat to get together a group of family and friends for a surprise meal. The owners & staff were as always very friendly making us feel very welcome. The food was both visually stunning and tasted fantastic, the wine on both occasions impressed both on quality and value. The character of the restaurant is authentic and warm, especially the snug which makes the experience more intimate. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone & I can't wait until our next visit.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had my birthday tapas at Tapas in Teesdale recently. Wonderful evening , fabulous tapas and a lovely intimate atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant. We all need to support local independent businesses . Thank you so much for a wonderful evening.