“This hotel has outdated its economic durability”

High Force Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Description: Very good and cheap meal at a major North East UK tourisit attraction (Waterfall)
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had an ensuite room. Upon entering the bathroom (very small shower), I felt the floor giving way under my foot. My room had a windows which gave me an excellent view on the corridor behind it. Luckily, on the otherside of this corridor was an emergency exit door which had a window in it. So I did have daylight. And mind you, I was the only visitor of the hotel.

2  Thank Erikerie

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Really enjoyed the pint - very nice all round. Beef pie OK but the special, lamb hotpot, was brought to the table barely warm and was a very meager portion. Complained, it was taken away, microwaved and brought back with apologies but no offer for money off/drink to compensate. For around £9.00 a portion, this was awful. Won't be going back, which is a shame as we walk up to High Force several times a year. Their loss as we would have returned otherwise.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was the first time we've visited the High Force Hotel in a number of years and enjoyed a straightforward bar meal. Mine, ( a sucker for pie) beef on this occasion, my wife's choice chilli which came with rice and could have done without the half baguette it included.. Mine with chips, peas and carrots. Both were tasty., £24 with a couple of drinks each.The only drawback the TV and conflicting background musak.

This is an old style UK country hotel with decent food.

High Force waterfall (across the road) is a well known natural attraction and there's alsotickets for adventurous wild trout fishing available from the kiosk in the car park.

Thank PeterN.E.England