“Lunch on Sunday”
Review of Pipe and Glass

Pipe and Glass
Ranked #3 of 155 Restaurants in Beverley
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this pub many years ago and decided to revisit it for lunch on Sunday. The standard and presentation of food was excellent, although quite expensive. It is extremely popular and you may have to be put on a waiting list until a table becomes free. We were lucky enough not to have to wait. It is tucked away in the small village of South Dalton and the countryside is lovely around there.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Went to the pipe and glass inn for the second time as went there 3 years ago. The experience was equally as lovely.
Having a specific vegetarian selection and childrens menu is definite positives as I am vegetarian and we had our 4 year old daughter with us.
The best bits. My partner said he had the best steak he had ever eaten. The bean and lentil stew was fabulous and our daughter loved the chocolate pudding. The staff were attentive and friendly. The only slight downside was that my cabbage was over salty for my taste but that is a very small niggle for n overall really lovely meal.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We didn't expect to get a table at this very popular place with just 24 hrs notice, but they squeezed us in.
The place was humming with expectation of culinary delights and it didn't disappoint. Food was delicious and portions generous, this is Yorkshire after all, with a chef who clearly knows what he is about in the kitchen.
The small sittingarea with its log burning stove and comfy sofas is a delight, especially on a cold spring day, and the glass of white wine I asked for was perfectly chilled.
Normally, I like a sweet course to finish off the meal. However and in spite of the really gorgeous sounding desserts on offer, even I couldn't force another morsel down and will remember this on my next visit.
There is a bar where meals are served with no reservations taken. When passing through the bar I noticed that the plates were well laden with what looked like equally temping food as that served in the main restaurant.
Basically, this is my type of place!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was my choice for my 50th Birthday meal out. Everything was wonderful. The perfect G&T on arrival (In memory of my Nanny), beautifully cooked and presented meal. It made my day!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Took my mother and father to The Pipe and Glass for a family birthday. Both myself and my mother opted for the fish pie. It was served with a fennel and shrimp salad and cheese crisp - flavours were exquisite. Sat in the bar area and luckily got a table but would recommend booking to avoid missing out.