“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Beverley
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having attended a family wedding last year my partner and I had no hesitation in picking The Lairgate for our own civil ceremony. We had various meetings with Rita and later with Tom and from the outset nothing was too much trouble. On the day itself we could not fault anything, from arriving on the morning to check out the following day. The food at the reception and later the buffet were of exceptional standard, both served by well organised and helpful staff. Again Rita and Tom were present throughout, and there professionalism and team work were outstanding. The bedroom was of high standard and well maintained. We would not hesitate to recommend The Lairgate to anyone wishing to have a function or any special occasion there. Our thanks again to all the staff for making our special day, one to remember.

2 Thank rph2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My partner & I went to The Lairgate Hotel on Friday 23rd August 2013 as a fellow musician friend of ours was playing in his jazz band there. We decided to go for a meal prior to the gig and were delighted to find a cosy yet very classy looking dining room with intimate tables and candle light. Our meals were delivered fast and were beautifully cooked and the service was superb, very friendly and warm. The band never failed to meet our expectations, classic jazz numbers by highly acclaimed musicians. No rif raf here which was so very refreshing for a weekend night out! Will we be going again?...definitely! May even stay over next time too!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sarah e
Bridgnorth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Unfortunately we only had one night stay here on our way up to Newcastle. The hotel was spotlessly clean. we had a super sized room. The staff were very friendly. We stay in a lot of Best Western Hotels and this was one of the better ones. It was nice to see on the breakfast menu that there was a vegetarian breakfast (we veggies get left behind so many times) it was nice to be catered for.Very good service, good check out. I would recommend this hotel to any one and I am very fussy.!Well done Lairgate. See you soon I hope.

York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Day One:
Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a friendly member of staff who showed us to our first room (we ended up moving rooms). The room was terribly outdated and smelled of damp and must. When we left the hotel to look around Beverly and go shopping we realised that our door didn't lock so anyone could walk in. After ringing reception a member of staff came to try and fix the lock with no success so we were moved rooms by being handed a new key and a blunt "room 26, its outside".
The new room was to the same standard as the first, smelling of damp and with very bizarre wall papered doors! After going out for dinner and a few drinks I wanted a shower before bed. Going in the bathroom we realised we had one towel to share. HOWEVER this towel was covered in blood and disgusting! I reported this to reception straight away and was met by a very unfriendly gent who looked like he had been propping the bar up all night, he didn't apologise and just walked off to me a new one. I asked for the manager who then apologised and said he would sort things out when we checked out.
Day Two:
Getting up and getting ready for the day we had no hot water for a bath or shower, and the toilet flooded, again reported to reception and I was assured someone would come and look at this (no one did).
The following morning I got up for breakfast and when I sat down I waited 15 minutes for someone to come and take my order (Full English breakfast). I was sat waiting for over an hour to eat, and I asked staff 3 times where my food was, each time I was assured it was being plated up. I expressed my dissatisfaction at the wait and the waitress walked off and shouted a sorry as she walked into the kitchen. Finally the 'food' was brought out I took one bite of disgusting inedible bacon and plastic sausage and walked out. When I did this the waitress walked passed me straight into the kitchen and said 'oh well they have f*****g walked out now'.
Being part of the Best Western chain I would have expected better and I feel this hotel needs a desperate looking in to and I honestly cant believe that this 'Hotel' can get away with being classed as 3*.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Perfectionist2013
Winterton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

A really great experience having afternoon tea here.Really helpful and pleasant staff. Quaint interesting surroundings. The food was freshly prepared , yummy sandwiches and sublime cakes. Great tea and coffee. Even a glass of proseco to start.I would really recommend this to anyone. You also get the bonus of a great selection of shops nearby.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank piggydm51
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here for afternoon tea on the 19/8/13. It was absolutely fantastic we got a deal through travel zoo would definitely go again . The scones and clotted cream mmmm There was so much we couldn't manage it all 10/10. Thank you

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Billingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed afternoon today (Saturday). We did not stay at the hotel, but judging by its entrance area, it looked a very nice place to stay and is central to Beverley. We used the car park which was very helpful.
We were booked in for 2pm but the staff were very flexible with this which was great as it is easy to lose track of time. All staff were very friendly and helpful even though it was a really busy time for them. NOTHING seemed too much. Thank you.
The tea itself was very enjoyable and included what you would expect, cakes, sandwiches, etc, served in a nice room with a good atmosphere.
My wife particularly enjoyed the bowl of strawberries that were given to everyone as an appetizer. Delicious!
We would definitely recommend this to anyone and would go back again.

Room Tip: Look for 2 for 1 deals on Travelzoo!