“Always good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We always enjoy the food at Figeros, we have been going for years and we have never been disappointed. We tend to go early in the evening with friends, we find the service good and the food excellent. It is always hot and well presented and we think reasonably priced last night was no exception despite us using a Living Social deal.

There are newer reviews for Figaro's

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a really nice evening,good choice on the menu and specials board.Service very good sat down promptly.Atmosphere bit off but it was a Monday !! Quite pricey but not extortionate,
Would go back.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I attended Figaro,s to let in the new year last year (2012) myself and my girlfriend had a fantastic time we danced the night away with great food and excellent service combined. We resolved to repeate the booking for 2013.
I booked early for the 2013 £45 per head late sitting, I was expecting another worthwhile experience to come, as per instruction we arrived between 8-8:30pm after a short wait in the sall waiting area we were lead to out table (I had specifically booked the same table as last year as to be directly in front of the dance floor) to my surprise the table was un-decorated as was not the case of the previous year abet a couple of near-by basic department store (Boys) Christmas crackers were on the table. I made a comment about the McDonald style paper napkins that started the whole experience off very tacky, it is fair to note that the previous year that all the tables were decorated in celebration confettie and obvious expense was spent in the whole dining experience with quality as a theme running through the night such as towelling napkins as you would expect from a £100+ night with drinks.
My girlfriend pointed out that there was a large oblong and a round table pushed together on the dance floor to make up a six seating area, I commented that later after the eating had stopped then the people who were to occupy those tables would be moved to another area clearing the dance floor for the celebrations as was the case the previous year. We worked our way through our meal feeling slightly pressurised over time by the clearing and next course pushed in its place, I had to get the attention of a waiter to ask for another drink, this is something I have never had to do in any other restaurant, it must be noted here that at no point from arriving to departing Figaro's was we asked if everything was alright or is there anymore that could be done for us.
We were seated and started eating at approximately 8:15pm at the sometime as other parties it got later and later and parties were still arriving to have meals at 9:00pm however the obvious large party who were to occupy the pushed together tables on the dance floor did not arrive until 9:20pm (coming onto one hour after we were all instructed to as was shown on the menu that as posted out to book the contents of the meal). Just after the party of six was seated to start their meal the DJ arrived as last year he started to set up next to the wood floor dance floor that was now occupied by inconsiderate dining guests through late arrival. The DJ was ushered in to the very small carpeted waiting area in front of the bar and the toilets. During all this time my girlfriend and myself was forced to slow eating our meal down to such an extent that we were eating cold food. At this point (approximately 10pm) we noticed other people leaving and that some tables on the upper level had not even been occupied, I realised that Figaro's management had just tried to pack as many people in as possible to milk as much money out of the night as possible I made the decision to cut our losses and find another place to go to celebrate the new year in as it was just not going to happen at Figaro's I went to the bar/reception to pay for the drinks as I had per-paid the nights meal and entertainment there I spoke with a lady who I can only assume was the senior person on duty, I told of my disappointment in the whole night and that it was poor compared to the previous year and that at best the whole night was below average and overcharged, the response was one of not being bothered as they had already got my money and that was going to be that, we left Figaro's at 10:30pm this put us in a difficult position as we were expecting to stay until at least 12:30am. We found a lively pub several miles away as all the main venues in Beverley were charging £10 on the door for entry as we found to our dismay. The story does not stop there on Saturday 05 January I received a call from Figaro's telling me that they wanted to refund £8 of my £106 meal and drinks as I had been charged too much for the meal this I find surprising as looking at the facts that they crammed too many people into the venue to make the till ring they are offering money back, it seems more like guilt to me because I bet I was not the only one to complain. Further more I am stunned by this as I think that Figaro's should refund everybody who as at the late sitting the difference between the early and the late sitting approximately £20 per person (early per 8pm sitting £26 per head later sitting post 8pm £45 head) I will of course collect my £8 overpayment and most likely reiterate my feelings about the whole night. I recommend that you do not attend any celebration at this venue as its a rip off. I strongly urge caution about attending this venue as the food is also not that special it's of lower than average standard, your money would be better spent attending other local venues of which there is many.
I will not consider this venue in the future at any time of the year. Figaro that's over £100 lost for next year from somebody that will not book again.

1  Thank facelessbusinessman
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Me and my partner have been to lots of resturants but the food we had here was truly lovely.we will definitely go back I highly recommend the belly pork!

1  Thank fayebbb
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been coming to this restaurant since before it was Figaro (and used to be La Scala) - it has everything you would want in a restaurant - lots of choice when it comes to picking both food and wine, and really really friendly staff who make the whole experience an absolute pleasure! They always have a great specials menu as well as the ordinary menu which is what me and my partner tend to end up eating from, as this often has more seasonal type food on it.

There are lots of restaurants these days in Beverley and more and more seem to be opening up all the time, but whichever one we try we always end up coming back here as we don't think you can beat the food or the service.