“What a gem! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Singing Bamboo

Singing Bamboo
Ranked #99 of 145 Restaurants in Beverley
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“What a gem! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Lovely setting with very good food. I am embarrassed not to have tried this excellent restaurant before. Definitely on our "recommend" list.

1 Thank Jonnytravelpants

“Finally...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

A surprisingly spacious place with not too over the top decor. The thing that makes this place stand out though is the extremely friendly service and great but simple menu options. Starters are great and it's worth front-loading a meal with a good range of these to share. Mains are a simple range of meat options with the usual flavour variants you'd expect but the food is well presented and light and fresh, even the egg fried rice is light and fluffy. Takeaways also good. Nice to see a place providing such good value.

Visited January 2014
UK
“Fantastic Meal, Great Service - Well Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

From the outside the restaurant looks quite tacky (in my opinion) because of the cheap looking signage and exterior so we assumed the restaurant and food would also be like this. Today we went for lunch and boy were we wrong !!!

We went for the special lunch which is £6.50 for main course and egg fried or steamed rice or £8.95 including a starter. The restaurant look, feel, furnishings, food and service were excellent.
I had chicken & prawn on toasted baguette for starter and chicken with cashew nuts and egg fried rice for my main course. See pictures of the food below. It was hot, tasty and plentiful. The presentation was lovely and the quality was excellent.

My friend who I was with had honey spare ribs to start and then chicken with oyster sauce and egg fried rice for his main. He also found his food to be very very good.

The restaurant itself is very nicely furnished. The chairs are very comfortable and swivel making it easy to get in and out. They have an impressive round table that seats 8 right in the centre of the restaurant.

We just wanted regular water to drink with our meal. We were brought two glasses with ice. When we wanted these re-filling the waitress brought a stopper type bottle full of cold iced water. This was a great touch and it is these sort of touches that I remember when I have visited places.

The toilets are great – well fitted out and very modern. Spotlessly clean. However they are up some steep stairs on the first floor. I don’t know if they had a ground floor disabled toilet or not.
The service was fantastic. One waitress (as it was very quiet) who was friendly and very courteous.

We will be definitely be going back to the Singing Bamboo and I’d recommend it for you as well.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tickets-Boo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have only been to the Singing Bamboo once but will go again soon. The decor is firtst rate and very much in keeeping with China Town in Manchester. The food and service are both excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Beverley, East Yorkshire
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Booked a table for 4 on New Years Eve 2013 arrived at 7.30pm restaurant not full. The decor is far superior than when it was an Indian restaurant. It's well laid and not cramped unlike Lee Garden around the corner. The staff were welcoming and the food was excellent and reasonably priced, my only negative was that service was a little slow on both food and drinks, there were around 20 customers with 3 front of house staff. I would definitely recommend a visit would have given 5 stars if service was a little quicker but overall a really good experience

Visited December 2013